Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Weather Outside is Frightful...

Monday night I attempted recreating my favorite pizza from Bertucci's- Silano Pizza. This is how they advertise it at the restuarant:

Silano
Sliced chicken and marinated broccoli in a lemon pepper cream sauce with mozzarella cheese

So here is what I did. I bought wheat pizza dough, brocollini and chicken from whole foods and tried to put this whole thing together. Mine was really good, but not nearly as good as Bertucci's. I think next time I will make a traditional Alfredo Sauce. But here is what I did:

Home-made Silano Pizza
Ingredients:
-Store Bought Pizza Dough
-1 bunch of Brocollini, Blanched
-1/2 pound of chicken, cut into strips and cooked through
-1/4 cup of cream
-2 tablespoons of garlic
-2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
-8 oz of shredded mozzerela cheese
-S&P

Instructions:
Roll out pizza dough. Mix cream, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper together. Spread over dough. Top with small pieces of brocollini, chicken and mozzerela cheese. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.
For the sides, I made Annie's Mac and Cheese and threw in extra chicken and brocollini.
And a salad of argula, feta cheese, tomatoes, onions and red pepper. Oh, and with Annie's Goddess Dressing.
Tuesday night I made Japanese Chicken-Scallion Rice Bowl inspired by EatingWell.com
Ingredients
* 1 1/2 cups instant brown rice (I used the kind you can microwave for :90 seconds, I know I cheated)
* 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
* 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar (I skipped the sugar)
* 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon mirin (I didn't have mirin, so I used sherry)
* 2 large egg whites
* 1 large egg
* 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
* 6 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced

Instructions:
Prepare instant brown rice according to package directions.Pour broth into a heavy medium saucepan, along with sugar, soy sauce and mirin. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low.
Stir egg whites and whole egg in a small bowl until just mixed. Add chicken to the simmering broth. Gently pour in the egg mixture, without stirring. Sprinkle scallions on top. When the egg starts to firm up, after about 3 minutes, stir it with chopsticks or a knife. (The chicken will be cooked by now.) Divide the rice among 2 soup bowls and top with the chicken mixture.
(The white stuff is the eggs)
That's all for now. It's a rainy snowy day here in Boston and I am trying to talk myelf into walking over to the gym. Have a happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment