Since I feel like I need to take a running/working out hiatus, I thought I would link to my favorite running posts in the blog world in the past couple months. Just because I'm taking a break doesn't mean there hasn't been some amazing posts about the joy/love/excitement/hardships of our amazing sport. So tag along with me and READ these inspiring posts!
- Emily's IRONMAN Report. I know it's over a month old but it is single-handedly the best race report I have ever read. READ IT.
- Lauren's post on When Running SUCKS. LB is one of my favorite writers. She is also the running blogger I look up to the most. So if she can admit that well...yes... sometimes running does suck then I feel like I'm not alone. Her tips in this post are invaluable and you should all read it!
- Dorothy's post on WANTS vs. Running. I want to get the feeling Dorothy gets while running and I know I will in the future, but I need a break right now. Dorothy is an amazing mother who in this post pushes her three children while running a 6:05 mile. Amazing? I think so.
- Theodora's post on breaking 2 hours in the Freeport Half Marathon. How inspiring is this?
- Angry Runner's post on Blogger Image Macro Pictures. Alright I know this really isn't about running, but it is WICKED funny and I loved it! It may be a bit mean, but it's definitely my kind of humor.
- Susan's I Wonder Post. Its amazing how the brain wonders while running. I love hearing Susan's thoughts. This post rocked!
- Kara Goucher's "Never Give Up" post. Kara recently competed in the 10K at the World Championships in South Korea. And unfortunately, it wasn't her race and she ended up getting lapped. But she didn't give up and this post is so inspiring.
- Ali's post on "When did Running take over my life." I love this post because it bring me back to when I first fell in love with the sport...
- Becky's post on the Fall Decision. This is the post Becky tells you why she is deferring her MCM number to next year. This is the post where she writes my favorite quote of all time. "Running makes me a runner, marathons do not."
- And last but not least, if you love track as much as I do, watch Universal Sports coverage of the World Championships. I've been taping the coverage everyday and I love watching it every night. Track and sprints will always be my favorite event. I think the track is such a special place and I love watching these athletes compete at such a high level!
If you've read or written amazing and inspiring running posts, link them below! I need the motivation!