Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Baby Dylan's Arrival!

Welcome to the world Dylan Jack!!!!

On May 15th at 5:37 pm, we welcomed our gorgeous baby Dylan Jack. 
He weighed 8 pounds 7 ounces and was 20.5 inches long.

Labor and delivery was one of the hardest things I've ever experienced but easily the most rewarding. I am still in such awe and shock that a baby this adorable was inside me for 9+ months. And I mean +. 
This is what I looked like on Mother's Day, hours before I felt my first contraction. 

As most of you probably heard from me complaining on twitter, baby Dylan was ten days late.  Yes, TEN days. I spent those ten days wishing on painful contractions because I wanted the baby to come sooo bad. (Who wishes pain to come?) If I didn't go into labor on my own, I was going to get induced on Tuesday May 15th, something I really didn't want. I was worried my "natural" plans wouldn't go accordingly (hint, it didn't- just in case you're unaware, its absolutely impossible to plan childbirth, but hey, I tried). I was worried because on Thursday May 9th, six days into my fortieth week, I had a biophysical ultrasound where I was told our baby could be give or take NINE POUNDS, FIVE OUNCES.  Which meant either way you look at it, I was going to have a big BABY.

I worried about my labor.  I worried about being induced.  
And in the end, I went into labor on my own at 8am Monday morning (May 14th). 
 33 hours later Dylan was born and we couldn't be more in love...
 My smiling little peanut...

... and sleeping beauty...

 Welcome home Dylan Jack!
Thanks for all the well wishes, we are so happy to have Dylan in our lives : )

32 comments:

  1. He is PRECIOUS!!! So adorable. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. He is truly beautiful. I'm not just saying that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is absolutely perfect! Congrats!

    And I hear you on the planning to plan an unplannable labor and delivery. Those days when you're late are excruciating. Enjoy the time with your new little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HE IS SO CUTE. Totally precious. Have so much fun snuggling together and enjoy every single minute. So happy for you and your little family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so gorgeous - not surprising because he looks just like his mama! I am so so so happy for you and can't wait to meet him :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lizzy! Dylan is so beautiful, and so is your family of 3!! You all look so happy. I miss you and can't wait to catch up with you and meet your little sweet boy. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is gorgeous, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is gorgeous, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, LIzzy, he's beautiful! Congratulations!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lizzy - I honestly think you have THE cutest baby on the face of the earth. He is beautiful!!! So happy he is finally here :) I can't wait to meet him!

    Hope you and Dave are doing well. Sending lots of love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lizzy he is absolutely beautiful!!! I am so happy for you and Dave!! Hope to meet baby Dylan in person soon!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! He is too cute! Love that first photo and you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sooooo adorable :) love all the photos, and you guys look so happy! with good reason, haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. He is seriously crazy adorable!! So So SO happy for you guys!! Hope you're enjoying being a mother :) I want to hear all about those 33 hours!! Hope to meet the little man someday soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats! He's just beautiful! But YIKES on the 10 days late; hopefully this guy comes out a little closer to on time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. he is such a cute baby! look at that giddy smile. I'm so happy for you Lizzy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. he is gorgeous, look at those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats times a million!!! What a beautiful lil' boy!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a handsome little fella!!! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats Lizzy..he is absolutely perfect :). Enjoy each and every moment with him. Our little guys were almost the same size, Lucas was 8 lbs 8 ounces and 20.5 inches long! xxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. awww....so sweet! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations!!! I can say without any exaggeration that he is one of the cutest newborns I have ever seen - just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I just love him! Can't wait to see him again! You too, I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations!!! And welcome to the world, adorable baby Dylan!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Catching up on blogs and was delighted to read this.... Congrats Lizzy, Dylan is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lizzy! He's so, so precious! And so alert! I can't get over it!

    And you poor thing, I can't imagine what it must have felt like to be 10 days late. You were literally pregnant for an entite month longer than I was!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think the best advice I've learned is to stop comparing my life and where I am to others. Just because some people are doing some things in their life doesn't mean it won't come for you. Life happens in it's own time. Hard to remember but so true.

    ReplyDelete
  28. He's so adorable! Congrats to you and your hubby!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations!!! He is a seriously gorgeous baby. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete