Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pulled BBQ Chicken Tacos with Cherry Peach Salsa

Long title right?  I left you hanging with my BBQ Pulled Chicken there... time for me to post some more recipes!
After the meat is already cooked, the rest of this recipe is really easy.  This is a great weeknight meal- takes minutes to put together.  Especially if you pre-make the salsa like I did!

The salsa is a mixture of cherries, peaches, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, 1/2 of a minced jalapeño, the juice of 1 lime and sprinkling of salt.
Be careful with the jalapeño and cilantro... it can overpower the whole thing.  I ended up adding more and more peaches and cherries to counterbalance that. So taste as you go....

All you have to do is grab some flour tortillas, scoop some chicken and add the salsa on top.  
Boom. Done.  

Pulled BBQ Chicken Tacos with Cherry Peach Salsa

Adapted from Iowa Girl Eats via Pioneer Woman
Ingredients:
1 cup of Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken (or however much you'd like!)
For the Cherry-Peach Salsa
1 cup of pitted cherries (I just chopped around the the pit)
2 large peaches, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro
1/2 jalapeño
salt
juice of 1 lime
Instructions:
For the Cherry-Peach Salsa- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.  You can make it up to two days in advance. Microwave tortillas for 30 seconds... then fill with (STRAINED) chicken and salsa.  Add as much or as little that you like.

It was awesome!  If you're worried about the chicken being too sweet... don't worry.  The chipotle peppers and the jalapeño add a nice bit of heat!  Sweet and spicy- my fav!
I'll post the other recipes in the next day or two... I won't leave you hanging!

Enjoy : )

2 comments:

  1. These tacos look awesome! I love fruit salsas with my protein :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! I made cherry and peach salsa earlier this summer (heavier on the cherries) -- what a refreshing treat!

    ReplyDelete