Random Facts about me, Lizzy!• I work as an editor at an Advertising Agency. Which means I edit commercials. And client videos. And agency videos. It's fun!
• I work in Boston and live in the suburbs in my dream house (a colonial on a cul-de-sac).
• I married my favorite sugar plum and best friend on July 26, 2008 on a gorgeous summer day. It rained all week leading up to my wedding but the sun came out on my special day!
• Every time I saw 11 11 or I had an eyelash, I'd make the same wish for the entire year of my engagement: please don't rain on my wedding day. It WORKED!
• I call three people everyday: Dave, my brother and Courtney. In that order.
• These three are also my best friends. I've known Courtney since we were 6 and I wouldn't be who I am without her in my life.
• My favorite things about my David are that he can handle me when I act a little loco, he eats whatever I make him, and he shares my passion for working out and work in general. I also love that he has this uncanny ability to make me laugh by just making fun of me when I'm mad. Once I see how I'm acting through someone else's eyes, I can't help but laugh and change my mood.
• My brother puts me in my place when I'm acting out of line, makes fun of me like no one else, but also encourages me to be the best version of myself I can be.
Other random facts:
• I hate heels and try to avoid wearing them at all costs. If I do have to wear them, I only put them on right before I have to.
• I hate drying my hair. I will do it on occasion but it just takes sooo long. I use the same hairdryer I've had since 5th grade- Conair one with the brush built in.
• All of my high school friends still use this dryer. It's pretty hysterical.
• On that note, I loved high school and I still keep in touch with many of my closest friends. I love when we all get together.
• I used to be a die-hard sports fan who knew everything about everything. I still know some random facts but I can barely keep my eyes open for an entire Red Sox or Celtics game anymore. I guess thats what happens when you get old. I still do watch at least a piece of Sportscenter everyday though.
• Cooking is my stress reliever. I love researching new recipes then trying them out with my own little twist each night for dinner. But I don't like help. I get home from work at 7pm and try to have dinner on the table by 7:30-7:45. I encourage Dave to relax while I cook because I like to surprise him with whats for dinner so he can ask, "what's in this..." "this is so good.." without already knowing. Don't worry though, he is the official "Dishwasher."
• I love working out and running. I ran track until my Junior Year of college. I specialized in the 4X400 and 4X800 relays. I loved being part of a team. In high school, my relay team went to Nationals.
My best events were the 200, 400, 600 and eventually the 800. I think the 600 will always be my favorite race. My senior year of High School, my team won States. This is amazing because my Freshman year of high school, our team was 1-7. (Glory days... I know)
(Photo credit here goes to my High School coach Mr. Driscoll who left a huge impact on my life).
• I've run several 5Ks, one 10K, one 15K and two half marathons. In 2010, I will train and COMPLETE at least one marathon. I've come a LONG way from a sprinter/middle distance runner.
That's it for now, but I'm sure I will add on to this list!