Saturday, November 21, 2009

I'm Back....


...to running! I'm not officially healthy and injury free but I'm getting back... slowly. Today I ran just short of 4 miles at 9:14 pace OUTSIDE.

I felt pretty good cardiovascular-ly. Is that a word? Basically what I mean is that the run wasn't tough, but I did have a little pain in my right hip and my left achilles. Yes, now my left achilles is feeling a little pain. This is my first run outside since October 9th. It's been awhile! I ran with my Garmin which is always a blessing and a curse. I was happy when I saw under 9 minute pace, annoyed when my pace slowed to close to ten. At around 3.5 miles, I started feeling good and picked up the pace. I always feel better 3 to 4 miles into a run. But I was so close to my house and I didn't want to push it too much.

When I got home, I watched the last quarter of the Celtics game from last night while icing. Dave DVRs most games so he can watch them without the commercials. I iced both achilles and my hip. Frozen corn has a double purpose!

So also this week, I signed up for the Hyannis Half Marathon in Feburary! I looked up a training plan for the Providence Marathon I plan on running and the week of this race would be my 7th week of training. I'm supposed to do 16 that weekend so 13.1 with a warmup and cool down will be perfect!

My training for Providence officially begins Monday January 11 and I will follow a 16 week program with a 4 day a week run schedule. I want to do 1 speed day, 1 long run day, 1 recoverey and 1 moderate day. Then 1-2 days of cross training/classes or lifting. I'll keep you updated on my progress and training schedule once I find one I like. Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment