Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Recent Eats

Monday I made a recipe inspired by this month's Bon Appetit's recipe of Balsamic Glazed Salmon with Spinach, Olives and Golden Raisins. I skipped the olives and added pine nuts and I used trout (it was on sale.) All I can say is FOLLOW the recipe. I tend to zone out sometimes when I cook and not follow things exactly. Click the link above! I didn't take the spinach and raisins out of the pan when the recipe said I should, so I ended up with ugly looking raisins and spinach that had been hanging with the balsamic vinegar and honey too long. Oops. I served this with more cauliflower mash- this time with skim milk.
Tuesday I made Ina Garten's Roasted Pepper and Goat Cheese Sandwiches served along with the Mushroom Soup I made Sunday. I sorta followed this recipe. I used jarred roasted red peppers though instead of making my own. (All I about time! I like to have dinner done in a half hour!) I also toasted the entire sandwich under the broiler for a few minutes and I added spinach in addition to the basil. Yum!I served this with the mushroom soup. I jazzed it up a bit by adding some skim milk and more salt and pepper then added some EVOO and basil on top. Next time, I am going to skip blending it up. I think it would have been better chunky! I'm probably going to change things up for dinner tonight. I was reading through some old Food & Wine Magazines and was inspired! It will definitely include chicken tonight, that is for sure!

Hope everyone is having a good week. So far so good on my workouts!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't even had a chance to go through my new Bon Appetit yet - or else I bet I would have made this too! Sounds great. We eat a lot of cauliflower mash too :)

    ReplyDelete