1. When I get off the train and see my husbands car waiting to pick me up. That sense of security and reliance is so comforting.
This post is inspired by Emily over at Cashmeres and Cupcakes. (If you don't read her blog, you should. I think she has it all. She is amazingly fashionable, an awesome decorator and she can bake and cook with the best of them). She does a post regularly called "Five Things," but one time she posted something called "Simple Moments." When I read it, I immediately fell in love with the idea and wanted to write my own. Because in a world full of negativity, anger and complaining, its really easy to write about the things that annoy you, but its a lot harder to think about the good things. So this post is dedicated to that thought. As Emily writes, "there’s no antonym of “pet peeve” in the dictionary (and yes, I checked). Until there’s a word that describes those simple things that make you smile, I’ve compiled a list of my top ten."
So here are My Top Ten Simple Things
(at this very moment)
2. When I walk around my office and bump into people I haven't talked to in awhile. I love being around people and chatting it up.
3. When I get into bed with freshly washed sheets.
4. When I'm walking around the grocery store with my organized list. No shopping makes me happier than grocery shopping.
5. When Ann Taylor Loft gets new dresses in that fit me perfectly. I love wearing dresses, especially a certain silhoutte and style. My friends have even nicknamed them "Lizzy dresses."
9. When I run with friends. There is no better way to catch up with people you haven't seen in awhile then running 10+ miles with them.
And so much about running is mind over matter. If I tell myself I can do this, I will. Over the last couple days, I've been looking back at when I ran 20 miles before. I've run 20 miles 5X and I've run 2 marathons. I know I can do this, and I will do this.
So about running, my friend Jayne is hosting the Tory Row 5K on May 22nd in Harvard Square. It's put on by runners FOR runners so the goods are sickkkk. Check it out!
I would love it for all my readers and friends to sign up for this.
This would be an awesome chance for all of us Boston running bloggers to get together! Sign Up today!
Do you think a big part of running is mental? And what are the little things that make you happy?