Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Luna Bars are my new Best Friend

Good evening!!! I'm watching the Celtics but am gonna update you on my lovely day! I slept last night from 9:30 until 6:45 this morning. Pretty impressive. But I still never feel rested enough! When I got into work, I ate the Trader Joes Cranberry Bran Muffin.

Around 11:30AM, I had half of this Luna Bar. This is honestly the best bar I've ever tasted!!! It was also AN AMAZING flavor.

At 12, I left for the gym and took a boot camp class. The bar definitely energized me throughout the workout. I haven't taken the class in a long time but its a pretty amazing class. You start by doing a running lap around the run, then high knees and butt kicks (brings me back to my track days), and then walking lunges. Then you get back to your mat and jump rope for 1 minute. Then 1 minute of squats, then 1 minute of pushups, 1 minute of situps, 1 minute of side planks (each side), and 1 minute of mountain climbers. Then you get a :30 second break and repeat 4 times or until 45 minutes. Its AWESOME.

When I got back, I ate this lunch:

One wrap had turkey, cheese, tomato and spinach. The other side of the wrap had smoked salmon, capers, cheese, tomato and red onion. Thats the last of the smoked salmon (tear). I also ate fruit salad on the side.

In the afternoon, I got hungry so I opened up my handy drawer of treats and had the raw trail mix.

My co-worker Jill and I snacked on this throughout the afternoon. Around 4:30, I ate the rest of my Luna bar.

I left work on time tonight (well 6ish) and got home at 7 and immediately started cooking. I made stuffed Turkey Burgers with light mexican-blend cheese, sauteed spinach, diced red peppers and diced green chilis. I saw a recipe similar on Ellie Kreiger's Healthy Appetite Show. I modified quite a bit, adding spinach and chilis and a different kind of cheese. I also served this on the 100 calorie Arnold bread with avocado and a tomato mixture. And I had a side salad with homemade dressing of EVOO, Red Wine Vinegar, Oregano, and Mustard.


For dessert, I had a couple bites of the French Toast before throwing it away. This was the one with lactaid milk and I liked it better than the other!

Okay, Celts then bed. LETS WIN THIS GREEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment