Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Long Run

On Christmas Eve Day and Night, before I ate this:
Christmas Eve Lasagna Lunch at the in-laws
 And this
Shrimp Cocktail
Spinach Dip
Stuffed Mushrooms
And this…
Meat Filled Calzones
I ran just short of 13 miles with three of my high school friends.  As I mentioned last week, Stephanie is training for Boston and the rest of us just wanted to do a long run before we ate and drank all weekend.  We met at 8am in the burbs and ran down the marathon route for awhile and then through lots of hills.  Pace didn’t matter to any of us, all that mattered was running with our friends.  This is one of Stephanie's furthest runs (she has done a few half marathons though) and I couldn’t be more proud. I'm also psyched that this didnt feel too hard for me.  Maybe I haven't lost that much since the marathon.
2:05, 12.75 miles, 9:49 pace
Mile 1: 8:57
Mile 2: 9:33
Mile 3: 9:38
Mile 4: 10:09
Mile 5: 9:57
Mile 6: 9:55
Mile 7: 9:39
Mile 8: 9:40
Mile 9: 10:01
Mile 10: 9:57
Mile 11: 9:57
Mile 12: 10:07
.75: 10:06
The best part of this run was that I convinced Nancy to sign up for the Hyannis Half.  I really think she is  my ticket to breaking 1:50.  Nance ran 3:55 in October and came through the half in 1:55.  My goal for this training period is to really hit all my speed and tempo runs.  I'm most likely going to do a lot of my long runs with Stephanie and won't worry too much about pace on those runs. But if I do tempo runs with faster than race pace, I think I'll be on target to run my fastest half.

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!  I had a blast with my husbands family eating and drinking way too much.  And now a perfect detox... getting stuck in my house for the 14 inches of snow we are supposed to get (not).
Merry Chrismakkah!
Stay tuned for a recap of my trip to Portland, Maine with a special restaurant at Duck Fat!

8 comments:

  1. oh wow! my mouth is watering so early in the morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! looks like a lot of good food and a great run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a feast! Great job on your run. I love Portland. Can't wait to hear about Duck Fat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, Lizzy!! Looks like amazing long run fuel! And what a great 13 miler - I think our bodies can get back to running quicker than we imagine they do. How much snow did you get?? I'm not all that excited to see all the snow that piled up in my driveway when I get back to boston ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Christmas weekend also had a "running and eating" sort of theme ;) Love your outfit in the last picture- very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had lasagna at my Christmas-celebrating family's house too - and they had shrimp cocktail too. Love Italian traditions! Happy Christmakkah to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummmm! Love the food pictures, yummy! I went for a run on Christmas too, but it was about 10 miles shorter than yours. I'm searching for a 10k, we need to run together!! Also, I think you need to try snow shoeing, it's really fun and it's a nice change in the winter :) Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had such a good run!! :) Sounds like the perfect start to a great weekend.

    Hope you're surviving the blizzard. I'm kind of sad that I left New England and missed it all.

    Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete