Thursday, November 10, 2011

11•11•11

Eleven is the best number in the world.  I'm into saying things are the best in the world since I just told you NY was the best marathon in the world too.  Maybe a bit dramatic of a description?  Maybe.  But I don't think so.

I've loved the number 11 for as long as I an remember.  Which is funny because I hate all other odd numbers.  11 for me is just perfect!  And when I saw the date 11•11•11 on the calendar I knew I had to take the day off to celebrate, because this date will not come around again in my lifetime.

But before I go on and on about my love affair with the number 11, November 11th is Veterans Day, an annual holiday that honors military veterans. It is the anniversary signing of the Armistice that ended World War I. So I just want to take this opportunity to honor and Thank all the Veterans out there.  Our world would not be the same without you.

A special thanks to my Papa who served in World War II.

My papa at war, hanging my nana's picture up.  This makes me cry every time.
Now because 11•11•11 is a date that I will only see once in my life, my husband and I planned out ELEVEN fun things to do with each other.  Unfortunately, I can't always do everything as planned.  My unplanned sickness caused me to stay up half the night and ended up keeping me in bed most of the day.

These things happen and right now my health is more important then the 11 fun things we had planned.  We still did a few of the 11 things...
Like rake the leaves!
(the fun part was supposed to be jumping in the leaves, which they were too wet to do ... tear)
And go on a hike in our town!
But mainly there was a lot of resting... here's hoping my sickness goes away!

Do you have a favorite number? Did you make a wish at 11:11 on 11.11.11?? (You still can!)

6 comments:

  1. You guys are too cute :) hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is ADORABLE. Hope you're feeling well. When is your due date again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did make a wish at 11:11 last night. Have an awesome vacation!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're feeling better! And I hope your 11 fun things were just as amazing as you'd hoped they'd be :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous scenery pictures. hope you are feeling better - hang in there!

    ReplyDelete