Thursday, November 3, 2011

Making Plans with some BIG NEWS!

"Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans"
~John Lennon

My mom always told me I need to learn to live in the present.  I was constantly planning out my life instead of just enjoying it. So for the past few years, I've tried to listen.  But I'm a planner and it's hard to just LIVE and not plan.

After Dave and I had been married for two years, we started talking about starting a family.  He was ready.  I was not.  I wanted to see the world, run marathons and be in the best shape of my life before having a baby.  

So in May of 2010, I ran my first marathon.
At the end of May 2010, I saw a big part of the world.  
The summer of 2010, I started training for my second marathon- New York.  I told Dave I would be ready in November 2010.  But November came and went and I wasn't quite there yet.
I decided April 2011 would be our time.  I ran Boston in April.  I turned 29 in April.  I still wasn't ready to have a baby.
I did my best to forget about my plans and live my life.  I enjoyed my summer, I took a break from running and really just ran when I felt like it.

 Then it hit me. I was ready.  I was more than ready, I reaaaallly wanted a baby! And in August 
I found out we are pregnant and expecting our first child!
So the moral of this little story... stop planning out your life and live it.  Oh, and don't start trying to have kids until you are ready, because sometimes it takes less time than expected : )

My guess is some of you already knew I was pregnant.  My brother says it was pretty obvious due to my lack of posts.  In the first trimester, I was barely running and barely cooking.  It wasn't easy.

I am currently 13 weeks pregnant and I'm hoping I will finally start feeling like myself soon.  As much as I hoped to have an active pregnancy, my first trimester was rough.  I'm talking morning sickness, all day nausea, painful headaches and extreme tiredness.  I'd look in the fridge and run to the bathroom.  My foods of choice were bagels with cream cheese, eggs, soup and cheese.  That's about all I ate for 12 weeks. But I hope that I've put that stage behind me.  I hope I'll be able to continue running into my third trimester.

So what does it mean for the blog?

I've decided not to turn this into a pregnancy/baby blog.  I've decided to keep this a food and running blog.  I know a few of you are probably really excited about that! But... (c'mon you knew there would be a but), I have created a new blog that I've been documenting everything so far about my pregnancy.  I've decided to keep it password protected for now, but if you are interested in reading, just email me and I will send you the password (foodtorunfor@gmail.com).  That doesn't mean I won't post anything here though.  Of course, Food to Run For is my main blog so I will also share big things with you here as well : )

So there you have it, my big news! Keeping a secret for three months is one of the hardest things I've ever done!  Three months is a REALLY REALLY long time.

We're due May 5th, 2012 and we couldn't be happier : )

61 comments:

  1. YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY! I am so happy for you. Congratulations!!! Can't wait to follow along. I hope you start feeling better ASAP. Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you girlie!!! That is so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS! I honestly had NO idea. this is so amazing, I'm so happy for you! I'd love to follow your other blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Congrats, Lizzy! I'm so very excited for you. I'd love to read and follow along with the other blog, so I'll be emailing you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! That is so exciting, I had a feeling you'd be announcing this news one of these months, seemed to me like your break from running meant something more :)

    I approve of the May due date - the best month for birthdays! (my birthday may or may not be in May)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited for you!!!!! So smart to wait until you were ready, and yes, it can happen when you least expect. Just please don't start posting pickle recipes. Bwahahahahaha! Congrats Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! And hey, you can just become one of those super awesome Mommy bloggers who runs marathons just months after having a baby =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! Such exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just stumbled on your blog, but I'm actually only due two days before you! It's so exciting to finally feel like I can tell everyone at work (I wasn't very successful at not putting things on my blog). I can say it has been a bit over a week since I last threw up, so I think it really is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool! Congrats! Amazing news!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Liz!!! I had no idea - so exciting! And I like your advice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaah!!!!! Congrats!! I'm am SO excited for you. Can't wait to read all the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats Lizzy! I want to follow your baby blog. I'll email you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY! Congratulations!!

    Do try and keep up with the fitness routine... I let mine slide for too long and can't pick up running again until baby is here (7 more weeks!!!)

    So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow congratulations! Good for you for waiting until you were ready too!

    The trip you took looks amazing, was it a tour or just something you guys planned on your own?
    ( I really really want to travel when I get out of school so just curious about how you chose where to go!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. awww congrats!!! being a planner is one of my biggest strengths and weaknesses too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!!! So, so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LIZZY!!!! I can't believe you posted!! I love it! My heart is swelling with pride and happiness, as if I had something to do with this haha

    I'm so so excited for you (as you know) and excited to follow your pregnancy these next several months. Congratulations again :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations!!! You look wonderful and I know that when my times comes I'll be in a similar situation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm sure your lack of posts didn't give it away. I'm glad you finally announced it though. I was too excited for you so it was hard not to share the news. Now I can :)
    Congrats to Dave too!! I'm sure he's super happy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations!!! You look wonderful and it's great that you are expecting now at a time when you feel ready! Off topic but do you take Bar Method classes? I could have sworn I saw you in my 7am class this morning... either that or you have a doppelganger :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats!!!!!!!! SOOO excited for you guys!!
    xoxo
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats Liz, this is so exciting! you will be getting a request to view the pregnancy blog in the very near future :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great news! I'd love to follow your other blog too... I am very interested in all this stuff ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. congratulations!!!!! so happy for you. just an idea with your pregnancy blog...print out the blog yearly so that once your baby can read and understand what he or she is reading...i'm sure it will be appreciated by your baby.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like I won't be pacing you to a sub 1:50 half time any time soon. ;) CONGRATS LADY!!! That's so freakin' exciting. :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. what wonderful news!! Congratulations, Lizzy!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations!! I was pretty sure that must have been the case due to your HTC response, but so happy to hear it confirmed!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations to you and Dave! I should have known when you were visiting. My bad. Hope you can start cooking and enjoying food again!

    ReplyDelete
  30. i knew it! :-P haha, well, i guessed! SO HAPPY!!!!! congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. holy WOW girl! congrats to you on this huge news! and it sounds like you waited until you were ready, which is the best way to do it! hope you are feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
  32. also, I'd love to read your other blog! runthisamazingday@gmail.com ?

    ReplyDelete
  33. So so so happy for you!!!! Funny too since we were talking about that at Elina's ;). Congrats!!! I'll have to email you because I def want to read the baby blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congratulations! That's wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congrats! Very exciting news :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. You already know this, but I am so very happy for you :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  37. Can't tell you enough how excited I am for you! Send me the pw of course.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I am sooo happy for you, Lizzy!! I totally knew, but knew you'd share when you wanted to :) So excited to read your new blog about your pregnancy journey! You and Dave are going to be amazing parents.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congrats Lizzy! Awesome news. Sorry you've been sick. Great job keeping it secret, too. I can't wait to see what great stuff you're going to make as mom!

    ReplyDelete
  40. omg lizzy!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!! so excited for you!

    xoxo
    christine (thesehappymiles)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Girl,
    You SO sneaky! I'm SO excited for you and Dr. Dave!! Can't wait to hear more!

    Hope you're feeling well, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  42. yay lizzy!! thats so exciting! I'm really thrilled for you guys!! congratulations and hope you're feeling well. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  43. omg CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Congratulations!!! So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. congratulations! this is such exiting news!

    ReplyDelete
  46. CONGRATS LIZZY!!! I totally knew it :) I can't wait for the new bundle of joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. huge huge huge huge congrats!!! I can't wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  48. YAY CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am just a couple weeks ahead of you and due on Marathon Monday (April 16th). May is a great month, my bday is the 9th :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Yay, congrats!! So happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. I just realized I never told you...CONGRATULATIONS!!! So very happy for you and this next chapter :)

    ReplyDelete