Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Healthy Fish Sticks

What a day! Is this weather ever going to get better?!? I started the day with coffee and a breakfast cookie, then for lunch I had some pasta from last night and a naan pizza that I made on Sunday. Then for dinner, I cooked some Crispy Fish Fingers. This recipe was modified from Ellie Krieger.

Ingredients:
-3 Slices of Whole Wheat Bread
-1/2 Cup of Flour
-1 pound of Cod fillets
-1 egg and 1/4 cup of egg beaters, beaten
-S&P and Paprika to season flour

Directions:
In a food processor, pulse the bread until it forms bread crumbs. Then cook the crumbs in a non-stick dry pan on medium heat for 5 minutes. Then place on a plate. Put the flour on another plate and mix with paprika and salt and pepper. Beat the one egg and add the eggbeaters to a third plate. Form an assembly with the plates, putting the fish in the flour, then eggs, then bread crumbs. Then place the fish sticks on a baking sheet and bake at 400 for 15 minutes.

While that was baking, I made some homemade tartar sauce with
greek yogurt, a tiny bit of mayonnaise, dijon mustard, gerkins, and salt and pepper.


Before I left work today, I asked Gretchen what she was making for dinner. She sent me a link to these pancakes. I had some Zucchini so I decided to make these Zucchini Pancakes on the side to go along with the fish sticks. I didn't have the herbs so I modified this as well. I had two zucchinis so I grated those then squeezed the excess water. Then I combined the zucchini with 1/4 cup of eggbeaters, thyme and feta cheese. Then I formed patties and sauted them in a hot pan with EVOO. These were easily some of the tastiest cakes I've ever made and I can't wait to make an even bigger batch next week! With only 1.5 Zucchinis, I only made four small patties.

And here's dinner!




I also ate a salad with my homemade dressing of EVOO, Chipotles in Adobe, Lime Juice, and Honey. I may have also had another piece of my birthday cookie cake! Now off to bed... no workout today, but hopefully will run 5 tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment