Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Made from Scratch Cake, NEW CAR and Pasta Dinners


So on Sunday, I made this Lemony Chocolate Cake from scratch. Lemon and Chocolate you say? Yes it seems weird, but tasted pretty good! And it was my first cake I ever made FROM SCRATCH!
We went to dinner with Dave's family on Sunday evening and then I said goodbye to my Sentra. On Monday, Dave picked up our new car! I seem sad to see the Sentra go in this picture, but trust me, I am so much better off! Our new car is amazing!

After picking me up in our new car Monday night, I got home to cook Chicken Picatta with Artichokes, and Capers in a Buttermilk sauce with Linguini.

On Tuesday night, I made Thai Chicken Pasta with Peanut Satay Sauce. I used this box:

While this pasta cooked, I sauteed chicken in one pan and in another, I sauteed shallots, carrots, baby corn, mushrooms, peanuts and green onions with the spicy sauce that came in the box. On the side, I also made satay sauce by combining PB- Peanut Butter, Soy Sauce, Rice Wine Vinegar and Chicken Broth to thin it out.




On Tuesday around lunch time, I ran a fast 5 miles. Faster then I've ever ran 5 miles!

Run - 06/30/2009 AM
Type:Interval run
Distance: 5 miles
Time: 0 hr 39 min 44 secs
Pace: 7:57 min/miles
Route: treadmill

Today was a busy work day. Around 11:30, I went to the gym and wanted to do an easy 6 but struggled a bit and wanted to stop after 5.5.

Run - 07/01/2009 11:30 AM
Type:Just for fun
Distance: 5.5 miles
Time: 0 hr 46 min 54 secs
Pace: 8:32 min/miles
Route: treadmill

I've also been seriously considering running the NYC Marathon. I'm still trying to figure out if I can actually do it, but I'm definitely thinking about it. After the gym, I got a surprise visit from my friend Doug from college. I had no idea he was in Boston (he lives in Miami) so I was so excited to meet him for lunch! Because I already went to the gym and had lots of work to do, we just had a quick lunch at Cosi. But it was great to catch up!

For dinner, I made Bacon Wrapped Cod with Kale Chips. Sounds healthy right? Well at least the Kale was healthy! There isn't much of a recipe here. Just Bacon wrapped around Cod. The Kale, I made spicy with red pepper flakes, EVOO and Salt and Pepper.


No comments:

Post a Comment