Sunday, June 14, 2009

Remi's Wedding & Lazy Sunday!

Introducing the new Mr. & Mrs. Marc Pascal!!! Remi looked absolutely stunning and the wedding was gorgeous!!! The weather cleared up and it was just perfect. Check out the cake! The seashells and starfish were edible!

Here is my dinner plate. I ate basically a little (actually a lot) of everything... I can't pass down good food!

The food was family style and I thought that was such a great idea. I had Panko crusted Salmon, potatoes, Beef Tenderloin, Swiss Chard, Mango Salsa and Tziki Sauce! I also enjoyed several Vokda Tonics with Splashes of Cran. And here is the cake slice! I ate the starfish too : )

And here we are enjoying the party!

Sunday, I was pretty lazy. I slept until 11 and then around 2 Dave and I went and test drove cars. That was fun!! After that, we went grocery shopping. Here's all my bags- I'm so environmentally friendly. These bags are Envirosax and they are awesome. You can fit so much and they are very sturdy and PRETTY! My friend Gretchen introduced them to me.

Then for dinner, I made Skirt Steak Southwestern Salad. This was inspired by Martha Stewart.

Ingredients:

Romaine Lettuce
1/2 English Cucumber, diced
3 Vine Tomatoes, sliced
1/2 Red Onion, sliced
1.5lbs of Flank Steak

Dressing:
2 Chipotles in Adobo Sauce, Diced
2 skirts of Honey
EVOO
S&P

Instructions:

Put 1 Tablespoon of EVOO in a hot pan and then add the meat. Season with S & P and cook on each side for three-five minutes. Then cut against the grain and add over the salad. Then add the dressing on top and serve!



Since Monday we have our Anniversary Party and I will be there late, I made dinner for tomorrow as well! I made Robin Miller's Chicken Rollatini. Although, instead of ham, I added turkey slices and I used Panko Bread Crumbs instead of regular bread crumbs. Dave will have quite a feast tonight!

Inside was Goat Cheese, Spinach, Turkey, Dressed on the outside in Mustard and encrusted in Panko Bread Crumbs.

Then I made some lunches. I took two pieces of the chicken and grilled them then diced them into bite size pieces. I added that to a salad and made more of the dressing I made for dinner. I also took another piece of chicken and sauteed that with spinach and roasted red peppers and put that over some rice I had leftover. In addition, I made a fruit salad and a breakfast cookie of Oats, Brown Sugar, Vanilla Extract, Cranberries, and Sugared Walnuts.






No comments:

Post a Comment