Friday, March 6, 2009

The Birth of Courtney Lynn Leahy!

Today is (finally) Friday and also my BFF's birthday!! We are having a weekend celebration starting with tonight at Tascas Tapas bar in Brighton and then tomorrow at Lucky's in Southie. What a week it's been!!! I'm excited the weekend is upon us!! The last couple days have been pretty good. I went to bed Wednesday night at 9:30pm and woke up at 4:45am to run with the running club. I drove to Wellesley at 5:20ish, found the Commuter Rail parking lot, parked my car and ran up the hill to meet the team at 5:45. We ran to the highest point in Wellesley and (kind of) saw the sunrise. Some trees were blocking the shorter people (like myself) from seeing it. It was again so great to run with a team. We finished the run around 7AM and I got my stuff out of my car and jumped on the 7:06AM train to Boston. Got into Boston around 7:45AM and went to my gym to shower and get ready for the day. The day went pretty smoothly. For breakfast I had Oatmeal and around 12pm, I had a FiberOne Bar. At 1ish, I went out to lunch with Remi (my closest friend from work) to celebrate her new offer at my old place of employment! We got sushi as always and it was absolutely delicious!! Here's what we shared:

For the rest of the day my stomach killed and I think it's official, I'm Lactose Intolerant. I have a doctors appointment at the end of March to figure it out officially, but I think that spicy maynaisse beat me up!!!! After work, I bought Courtney's birthday gift (a trifle bowl). We love making triffles and we made this one for Thanksgiving for both our families, but she didn't have a trifle bowl and definitely needs one!!! Check this masterpiece out:

After Crate and Barrel, I hit up Ann Taylor Loft- greatest store ever. I bought the cutest dress and it will be perfect for all the showers I have this summer! Then I got to South Station and took the 6:30 train back to my car in Wellesley. I decided to hit up Whole Foods and get some organic chocolate, soy or non-dairy cheese and some chocolatey peanut butter. When I got home Dave was already out with his friends, so I just made leftovers. I had the chili topped with gaucomole that I bought at Whole Foods and the Vegan Cheese.

For desert I had some Organic Chocolate dipped in White Chocolate Peanut Butter. OMG, AMAZING!!!

I love that its called White Chocolate Wonderful. It really was wonderful. I then finished the wedding album I am making for my friends Lindsay and Jake and went upstairs to bed. I packed my bag to wake up at 6 so I could go to the gym in the morning. But, I didn't wake up until 6:30 and decided I would just go during lunch. Because I am going out in Brighton tonight, I didn't want to be on a train schedule so I drove in and parked around Courtney's house. I took the 501 bus and on the bus, I saw a girl with a pair of sneakers hanging off her bag and I rememebered that I forgot to put my sneakers in my own gym bag. I remembered to forget is that an oxymoron?? hehe. Its Friday. So anyway, I frantically called Carissa who thank God hadn't left for work yet, and she brought me sneakers. WAHOO!!!

When I got into work, I weighed myself for Biggest Loser and didn't drop a pound. BOO. 133 really likes me I guess. : ( And then I had my Oatmeal. I worked straight until 12:30 with a client and then quickly changed in the lockerroom and decided to run outside. It was gorgeous out so I figured why not? I ran from work to Memorial Drive to the Mass Ave Bridge to Storrow Drive across at Clarendon and then up Beacon to Downtown Crossing and back. It was 5 miles and it felt great!!!

Date3 /6/2009
RouteWork Around the Charles and Back
Distance5.00 mi

When I got back I showered and ate lunch. I ate the same thing I ate on Tuesday and Wednesday- here's a picture of what it looked like after I melted the cheese- yummy!

I tried to eat that fruit cup, but it was pretty terrible. I'm now drinking some tea and trying to finish up some work before heading out for the weekend!!! I'm most likely going to go to the Group run at 7:30AM tomorrow. Depending on how late my evening is. Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment