Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Coughamania

So the cough is still there and I've been so busy at work that I've been seriously slacking on this blog. But here is the update. I worked until 9ish on Friday night, took the train home and ordered myself a feast of sushi from my favorite local restuarant. Here's the spread. Don't worry, I didn't finish all of it. I ordered Spicy Tuna, Eel and Avocado and Shrimp Tempura. Oh and the house soup. Didn't have much of that though.

Saturday, I woke up with another horrible cough and felt achy. I decided I'd try the gym so I went and ran 2 miles and it was pretty awful. I just need to get healthy. After the gym, I went to the grocery store both Trader Joes and Market Basket and bought so much food. I honestly think I have a problem at the grocery store. I can't get out of there without spending at least $130. After I got home, Dave and I hung out for a bit then I got started making our dinner- Tacos! I made them with Lean Ground Sirloin and tons of spice. They were definitely some spicy tacos!!! Here's how they looked:

After dinner, Dave and spent more time together and went to bed early. I know it was a Saturday night, but we were tired! Sunday morning, I hoped to wake up to run the 5K with Courtney for St. Patty's Day, but the throat was still hurting. For breakfast, I made egg white omlettes with spinach, prociutto and soy mexican blend cheese with a piece of wheat toast. Then when Dave went to the gym, I did a Jillian Michaels workout DVD on OnDemand. When Dave got back, I made lunch which is the exact same thing I made for lunch for the whole week. A Joseph's Wheat Wrap made of Proscuitto, Spinach, Chicken and Soy Cheese. For Sunday's lunch, I also included some chips! Dave and I enjoyed our lunch on our deck in the beautiful weather. Here's what our lunch looked like:


For the rest of the day, Dave and I drove to Wellesley Center, shopped, walked around and got Frozen Yogurt at Truly Yogurt. Delicious. Forgot to take a picture! Then we did some more shopping at Sports Authority where Dave bought new snowboarding boots, and a new board, all at half the price! After the shopping, we went home to get ready for dinner at my mothers. I decided to make Onion Soup with Gruyere Cheese melted on crusty bread. We got to my mothers around 7pm and she made Cabbage and Corn Beef. I have never had an official Irish dinner. It was good. Forgot to take pictures though...

Monday was a busy day at work. For breakfast, I had a piece of toast with some "I Can't Belive it's Not Butter." For a mid morning snack, I tried out this bar I got a Trader Joe's. Here it is:


For lunch, I ate the same thing as Sunday, minus the chips. At work, I was working on four projects and trying to manage all of them at once which I think I did a pretty good job. It's definitely going to be an insanely busy week. After work on Monday, I went to Britney Spears at the Garden! It was a ton of fun but I didn't get home until 12:30aM!! Insane and way past my bedtime. For dinner, we ate at Beer Garden and shared Nachos and then Courtney and I got Salad with Chicken, Corn, Pita Bread, Tomatoes, and Cucumbers. No pictures. But I do have pictures of Britney!! Check some out!



Today I woke up late (kind of on purpose) - needed the extra sleep! Dave made me a piece of toast which I enjoyed along with my coffee on the train. I got into work at 9:15AM and got down to work. I worked on two projects from 9:30-11, then switched gears and worked on another. Around 11, I also had a snack:



I love these bars! They are perfect little snacks!

At around 1, I ate my lunch while working with Gretchen. I had the same wrap I had the past two days. Due to waiting for client approval and not getting it until 5:30pm, I worked until 8:30pm and then took a cab home since i missed my train home. I got home around 9:15 and made Guacamole with my perfectly ripe avocados!! I ate the dip with the crusty bread I had left over from Sunday and I melted some soy cheese on it. Not much of a dinner, but it was late. Hopefully tomorrow, I will get out of work on time so I can make a REAL dinner for me and my David!! Okay, until tomorrow!


(I also just watched The City and Gossip Girl from last night)

xoxo, LizzyGirl...

No comments:

Post a Comment