Thursday, August 20, 2009

Quick Fix Dinner

I walked in the door tonight, threw my stuff down and got to work. I threw my leftover rotisserie chicken in a large glass Pyrex bowl and mixed it with diced jalapenos, banana peppers, corn, tomatoes, shallots and Mexican blend cheese. Then I threw the mix into a hot skillet to heat it up. At the same time, I made guac in the food processor; avocado, 1/2 red onion, 2 jalepenos (small), lots of lime juice and S &P. I also made a Romaine Lettuce salad with Tomatoes, Red Onion, Cucumbers and Feta Cheese. And last but not least, I heated up for a minute my whole wheat Josephs Lavish Wraps. Then its time to get wrapping....
I laid down some guac, cheese, then the chicken mixture. Here's what the chicken mixture looks like:
And now plated with my salad:
I just finished watching Top Chef Masters. Rick Bayless won! YAY! I would love to learn to the art of mexican cuisine by him. He's amazing!

Oh also I finally got around to taking a picture of all my swag from the blog conference...mmm I love bars! Kinda scared of the Green Food, but maybe I will give it a shot!


No comments:

Post a Comment