Tuesday, July 21, 2009

10 Miler during Lunch and Sweet 'n Sour Chicken


So last night, I made Sweet n Sour Chicken, adapted from Rachael Ray.

Sweet 'n Sour Chicken

Ingredients

- 1 cup white or brown rice (I used the microwaveable Uncle Ben's Rice)
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons of Tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 package chicken, cubed
-3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
-1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
-1 can of Pineapple, sliced into pieces
-15 grape tomatoes
-Freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Place a large skillet over high heat with two turns of the pan of oil, about 2 tablespoons. While the pan is heating up, grab a small bowl and combine the hot sauce, lime juice, honey, Tamari, vinegar, tomato sauce and cornstarch, stirring to dissolve the cornstarch. Set the sauce aside.

When the skillet is searing hot, add in the pork and cook the meat until caramelized, 3-4 minutes. Add in the garlic, ginger, peppers and onions, and stir fry the meat and veggies for 2 minutes more. Add in the pineapple and reserved sauce and stir everything together. Bring the sauce to a boil and allow it to cook for 1 minute to thicken up.

Season everything with some ground black pepper and serve the sweet 'n sour pork over the rice and scallions.


So thats what we ate for dinner. I set my alarm to wake up early today but to no avail. So I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to get my ten miles in. But I was able to go during lunch and I figured what's another couple miles... so I did TEN, in a lunch break on the treadmill. WAHOO! I felt pretty strong even though ESPN had no audio and I had to watch stupid stuff on MTV and E! but it got me through. I ran my final mile all the way from 7.2MPH to 9.0MPH.


Date7 /21/2009
RouteTreadmill
Distance10.00 mi
Time1:26:19
Pace0:08:37/mile

I showered quickly after and got back to the office. Now I'm waiting until the end of the day because I am getting sushi with Remi and Gretchen and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment