Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Veggie Dinner #2


Tonight I made
Curried Chickpea Burgers adapted from Buff Chickpea. I invited my mom over for dinner so she was in for quite a treat. Here's the ingredients:

1 can of chickpea, drained and rinsed
2 large eggs

2 large carrots, chopped

1/2 teaspoon of red curry paste
1/2 teaspoon of salt

1 cup of alfalfa sprouts

1/3 cup of parsley
1/2 medium apple


Combine these ingredients in a food processor and puree the mixture. Then pour mixture into a mixing bowl and add the following ingredients:

1/2 white onion, chopped
1/2 cup of bread crumbs
1/2 cup of flax seed

Stir the ingredients together and let sit for a few to absorb the moisture and then form the burger mixture into patties. Then heat a skillet with EVOO and cook for a few minutes on each side until nicely browned and heated through.

I put my burgers on a ciabatta roll with hummus, more sprouts and spinach. I also made kale chips to go along and my mom brought over some pasta salad she made.



In addition, I also made Maple-Mustard Chicken Thighs incase my burgers didn't go over that well with the hubby.

The burger, nor the Kale Chips were amazing to either my mom or Dave. But I really enjoyed them! Dave ate the whole burger and when I asked what he thought, he said and I quote, "They taste like health." Well, I guess its a good thing I also made the chicken because both mom and Dave loved that!

Maple-Mustard Chicken Thighs

Ingredients:
1.5 pounds of Chicken Thighs
2 tablespoons of grainy mustard
2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
1 clove of minced garlic

1/2 teaspoon of majoram

2 tablespoons of maple syrup


All the ingredients here are from Ellie Kriegers recipe, but I changed up the cooking method. Instead of baking the chicken, I sauteed the chicken with EVOO in a skillet with salt and pepper on both sides. Once browned, I added the maranade and let it all hang out in the skillet until combined. Dave and my mom seemed to really enjoy it!


Tomorrow night, I am running after work with some girls from the running group, so I made dinner for tomorrow night too. So in addition to the chickpea burgers and the chicken thighs, I made the pork tenderloin I had in the fridge. This way Dave has tons of leftovers to choose from!

Mango Chutney Spicey Pork Tenderloin Medallions

Ingredients:
-1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2 inch rounds
-1 cup of Mango Chutney

-2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar

-2 tablespoons of mustard
-couple splashes of Srichi Hot Sauce
-1 tablespoon of soy sauce


Lightly salt and pepper pork medallions and put in skillet and saute for about three minutes on each side. Combine the other ingredients and pour into skillet to coat the pork. Simmer for 5-10 minutes and serve.


I haven't tasted this one yet, but will let you know how it tastes!

No workout for me today. Long run tomorrow night. Night everyone! Jeter just tied the game, go American League!

No comments:

Post a Comment