Monday, July 27, 2009

Fish Pie


I made this dish along with everything else I made yesterday. I knew I was going to work late tonight so I wanted to have something prepared for Dave. I know, I'm such a great wife. This recipe was also modified from the Newlywed Cookbook.

Traditional Fish Pie

Ingredients:
1-2 lbs of white fish (I used 1/2 pound tilipia, 1/2 pound haddock)
1.5 cups of skim milk

.5 cup of cream
1 stick of butter
1 tablespoon of dry mustard powder
1/4 cup of flour
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced

1 lb of small yellow potatoes

salt and pepper


Instructions:

Put milk/cream in a saucepan and bring to a boil, then add fish and turn off heat and poach until opaque. Then in another pan, melt 1/2 stick of butter and stir in flour and mustard powder. Strain the poaching liquid into this mixture and whisk. Arrange the fish and eggs in a casserole dish. Then bring the pan to a boil and beat until smooth and bring mixture to a boil and season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over fish and eggs and mix. Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, then drain. Melt the remaining butter in a sauce pan. Mix a tiny bit more butter and cream wsith pototoes and mash and season with salt and pepper. Then spoon the potatoes over the fish and brush the top of the casserole mixture with the melted butter. Transfer dish to a 400 degree oven and bake for 30-40 minutes.


And my dinner:

I had a piece of the casserole with the gnochi and ezekial bread with laughing cow cheese. Kinda random but when you get home late and your starving you eat what you see! Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment