Sunday, July 12, 2009

No Rain!

Today is my friend Stephanie's Bridal Shower. I just woke up and after a beautiful sunny day today, it doesn't look so hot today. Lets just hope it doesn't rain. I just had a 1 egg scramble with banana peppers! and feta cheese with toast with butter and a BIG coffee with creamer. I love hot peppers and was so excited I found these at the grocery store yesterday.


Speaking of yesterday, I started the day with a strong 8.65 miles with the group. We were supposed to add on but no one really felt like it including myself. Instead we were going to meet today to cover those last few miles. But, I'm not sure I feel like running today. May need it off.


Date7 /12/2009
RouteWellesley-Weston Reservoir
Distance8.65 mi
Time1:21:22
Pace0:09:24/mile

Miles for the week 28.15

After the run, I went grocery shopping for the week and for my delicious recipes I am making for Stef's Shower. Here is what I am making:

Roasted Red Pepper & Feta Dip
Baked Brie with Strawberry Jam and Almonds
Brie Melted with Carmel Sauce
Guacamole and Chips
Sangria

When I got back from the run, I made this to refuel: 1 sunnyside up egg, 1 egg scramble with feta, green onions and banana peppers (also called diced pepporoncini's), toast with butter and a smoothie with strawberries, blueberries, soy yogurt, ice and almond milk. Guess I needed a lot to refuel!

Then around 12, my brother and his wife came over and we went to the state park in our town that has a lake. It was a great place to go when you don't feel like driving an hour to the beach! Then we came home and made a late lunch. Italian Sausages, Veggie Ditalini Salad, and the
Roasted Red Pepper & Feta Dip.

Dave grilled the sausages and two Jalapenos. When the jalapenos were charred, I cut them and threw them in the food processor with 2 large roasted red peppers, 4 ouces of feta cheese, 2 green onions, 2 sundried tomatoes, 1 garlic clove, juice of a lemon and a little bit of EVOO. Swirl that up and this is what you get.


So spicy and really a fabulous spread. We ate this with chips, but I also think it would have been great as the dressing in my Ditalini Veggie Salad.

Ingredients:
Ditalini Pasta
1/2 Large Red Pepper, Diced
1/2 Red Onion, Diced
4 Green Onions, Chopped
1/2 Large Tomato, Diced
Huge handful of Banana Peppers for some spice
4 ounces of Feta Cheese

Dressing:
2 Tablespoons of Red Wine Vinegar
2 Large Gobs of Honey
5 Tablespoons of EVOO
Salt and Pepper

Mix all the ingredients together and add the dressing over top.


And here is my plate:


Around 8:45, we ordered a Veggie Pizza between the four of us. None of thought we were that hungry but we eneded up finishing the pizza in like ten minutes. We played lots of games last nite like Shanghai (a card game that my grandparents play all the time) and Taboo. Around 11, my bro and his wife left and Dave and I went to bed.


Now I'm about ready to start preparing for Stef's Bridal Shower. Pictures to come later!

Oh, also, this is my Friday night dinner. I defrosted the Honey-Jalapeno Chicken I made a few weeks ago and diced in and put it over a Southwestern/Mexican type of salad with lots of Veggies, Mexican blend cheese and corn.


No comments:

Post a Comment