Sunday, July 19, 2009

Kerry & Jonathan's Wedding!

Thursday evening, I made tacos for Dave and I. I grilled chicken thighs and then sliced the chicken off the bone and diced up the meet. For the filling I combined, 3 diced Roma tomatoes, green onions, red onion, corn, jalepenos, avocado and diced red pepper, chopped parsley with lime juice and salt and pepper. I filled the store bought taco shells with mexican blend cheese, the meat, then the filling. Tasted great! On the side, I ate a spinach salad with the filling and Annie's Goddess Dressing.



Friday was a busy day and I didn't get to run my scheduled 6-8 miles. We had a rehearsal dinner at night and the food was delicious, but I didn't take any photos! Saturday, Dave and I were going to wake up early to run, but after a few too many drinks the night before, we didn't get up. We stayed at Dave's parents house and his mom made us a delicious breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon and toast.

After I digested, I decided to head off to the gym to get my 10 miles in on a treadmill since by that time it was WAY too hot to run outside. Stats:


Date7 /18/2009
RouteTreadmill
Distance10.00 mi
Time1:24:54
Pace0:08:29/mile

Then we got to the hotel and got ready for the wedding. The wedding was at a state park and it was so gorgeous. It was definitely beautiful weather.

The groom and the groomsmen including the hubby.

Mr. & Mrs. !!!!

The beautiful bride and her bridesmaids. Love the dress!

Yummy cake!

My hubs and me! This is my BCBG dress that I got for 75% off at Lord and Taylor. Score!

Melis, the maid of honor any myself! Melis and I have been friends for a long long time. Kerry, the bride, is Melissa's best friend and we all grew up in the same town. Jonathan, the groom, grew up with my husband and they met at the same bar Dave and I met at when we were first dating. This random night in August, Dave, Jonathan, myself and a bunch of others went out and Kerry and Melissa were at the bar as well. They saw me from across the bar and came over to say hi and then Kerry and Jonathan met! See, you can meet people at bars. We are both examples of this!

My delicious beef tenderloin meal with mashed potatoes and green beans and asparagus.

And the end of the night cookie jar table. This was so cute and delicious. They kept bringing out fresh out of the oven home-made cookies.

I'm home now from a great weekend and I'm ready to do something with my day finally. Gotta set up this weeks dinner menus and go grocery shopping.

1 comment: