Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Food Update... but still sick : (

Sunday night, I made Chipotle Chicken and Rice from Everyday with Martha Stewart. Which basically started with saute-ing the chicken thighs (with skin- later removed), and prepping these pretty vegetables. It was a pretty simple dish made with Kashi microwavable instant rice, chicken broth and Chipotles in Adobo.


A few weeks ago, I used a chipotle in a dish I made and I've been trying to finish up the can ever since. Those chipotles are STRONG, but delic. On the side I made Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Cranberries and Kale Chips.

And here is my Sunday night dinner. Which was delicious! I cooked two pounds of the chicken and saved a pound and a half for meals later in the week.

On Monday night, I made two Rachael Ray Recipes. One was Thai Chicken Pizza using shredded chicken thigh meat from Sunday night and the other was Grilled Pork Meatballs with Pineapple-Chipotle Chutney. Both these dishes were fabulous and I recommend trying them out yourself! I put the meatballs in Bibb Lettuce and served it as an appetizer. The rock star of this meal was definitely the pizza. I love the sweet and tanginess of the duck sauce mixed with the cheese.



I took a lot of pictures as you can see. Tuesday night was leftovers and this morning, I prepped tonights dinner which consists of greek style turkey burgers. The burgers are formed already just need to get grilling!

Training:
I ran 4.5 miles on Sunday, barely 2.75 miles on Monday and took off yesterday. Monday, my calf/achilles was bothering me and yesterday, I felt sick all day. Today I went out for a 4.5 mile faster jog on my lunch break with my work friend Kim. The calf area is still hurting. I'm going to see my orthopedic doctor Friday. God, I hope I'm okay! After being sick, I can't get injured too!

No comments:

Post a Comment