Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Moment of Thanks... Part III

Sooo this next thanks is to my friend Kimmy.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find a good pic of us except for this one.  Kimmy is on the end on the left and I am on the end on the right.  This photo was taken at work when we were all about to go for a run.  All five of us trained for marathons last year and hoped to start a running crew at work.  Unfortunately, this was the only time all five of us ran together.... but the one good thing that came out of this was that Kimmy and I started running together regularly. And because of running, I've become really close with Kim.


Kim ran the NYC marathon in 2008.  She was invaluable in helping me with fundraising and training.  If you know Kim, you know she is unbelievably gregarious and always in a good mood.  She is most definitely a-glasses-half-full-kind-of-girl.  Which was VERY helpful when I would start to freak about finishing a marathon.  Kim was always the one to say "Oh don't worry, you can do it, you WILL LOVE IT."  She always said I would love the marathon.  Always made me laugh a little. (Love and marathon don't exactly belong in the same sentence if you ask me...)  The marathon was definitely hard but thinking of Kim's positive energy got me through it.  She is such an awesome running partner and I feel so lucky that we met!  This year Kim is running her third marathon, Chicago on October 10th.  Check out her training on her blog. Thanks Kimmy for being such an encouraging friend and fellow runner!  Look forward to our training together this summer.  6am Saturday 20 milers anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Yayyyy thanks LIZZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete