Thursday, April 16, 2009

Almost the long birthday weekend...

So last night, I met my friend Stephanie at 6pm for a run around Boston. We ended up running 55 minutes. There was a lot of traffic getting to the river so I assume it was around 6 miles. I will measure it out on Map My Run tomorrow. It was 6.07 miles

Date4 /15/2009
RouteBoston Charles River- South Station
Distance6.07 mi

After the run, I took the T to meet Dave at Northeastern where he is doing research for his PhD. We drove home, and once we got home, I immediately got to work on dinner. I made Mediterranean Turkey Burgers. This is the recipe:

99% Lean Ground Turkey
Diced Red Onion
Feta Cheese
Egg White
Panko Bread Crumbs

Mix these ingredients together and form patties and grill them. I then served them in Pita with a side salad.

I got to bed early and woke up late but got into work at 8:30. I decided to try my own "oats" mixture since I've been reading about everyone's creations on various food blogs. I used a cup of Old Fashioned Oats with 3/4 cup of water microwaved for :45 seconds. Then I added a couple scoops of soy raspberry yogurt and a handful of trail mix. It was soooo good and so filling!

I worked on three projects this morning and then for lunch, I was going to go a screening upstairs with my department, but a minor problem happened and I had to work through lunch (for a change). My friend Gretchen must really love me because she brought me this cheese plate from the meeting. I have to admit, I ate 80% of this plate and all the cheese. God I have no control with cheese.

Then, I ate this half sandwich. Honestly, I barely looked at it before I ate the whole thing. It was vegetarian and thats about all I know. I was so busy, I didn't even really know what was in it! But at least I took a picture!

Okay, now on to tonights dinner. We didn't have any meat left to be cooked for the week so I wasn't sure what to make. I knew I had half of the pizza dough left and spinach I needed to cook before it went bad. I also saw this recipe for salmon cakes in a magazine that interested me. So, when I got home, I turned the oven on to 400 then started prepping my Salmon Cakes. I had no recipe to follow, so I just took two cans of salmon, mixed with diced cucumbers, diced celery and 2 tablespoons of organic mayo (something I'm usually frightening of), I also added panko bread crumbs. Then I threw them on a hot pan and cooked them through. I then put one cake on a salad.

I'm not going to lie, this is the only cake that stayed together. The rest, I put in my pyrex glassware for tomorrow:

see, it fell right apart! I also made a Veggie Filled Calzone. I sauteed spinach and then filled my calzone with light mexican blend cheese, spinach and roasted red peppers. When that finished cooking, Dave and I each had a piece.

It looks really big, but I only ate about 1/5 of the calzone. It wasn't that big of a piece.

And, I might have finished this Rasberry Egg thingie I started the other day. I also caught Dave finished off the chocolate frosting brownies.

Okay, off to fold laundry then bed. Hoping to wake up and run tomorrow morning before the birthday celebration weekend begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment