Sunday, April 19, 2009

Birthday Celebration Part 2 & 3

Well, I started out the second day of the birthday weekend by running a 5K in Worcester with my david and my brother. The race was EARLY at 8:30 so we had to get up at 6ish. Pretty rough. I ended up running one of my best times (since high school).


 49      24:51   Liz    

Still need to run faster, but this was exactly 8 minute pace.  My brother finished 5th and 3rd
in his age group.  He was still unhappy with his time though!  Crazy boy.  Again, I got to
keep his metal.

 


After the race, we got home and were starving so I cooked up some egg-white omlets. I put spinach and green onions and cream cheese in a whole wheat wrap.


Then Dave and I watched Game 1 of the Celtics Playoffs. Needless to say, the game didn't go very well. But we did eat some very tasty food! We finished the rest of the calzone and I made nachos with Blue Corn Tortilla Chips and Light Mexican Blend Cheese and Guacamole.


After the game, Dave and I rested for awhile and then got ready to go out to celebrate my birthday in Boston with friends. Before we drove all the way in, we decided to stop for a quick dinner at this Mediterranean restaurant called Big Fresh. I ordered the Salmon Wrap with white rice and a dill sauce and Dave got the Tofu Stirfry with peanut sauce. Both were very tasty.


Then we drove to Brighton and picked up three of my friends and drove to Fanuiel Hall where I enjoyed at least four (maybe 5) of these cocktails:


The birthday celebration with my friends was a blast. I love getting all my friends together. I've known these girls since elementary school!
We got home around 1:45AM and I slept until 10AM. Dave got me a bagel sandwich with Egg, Cheese and bacon. Just what I needed... greese. I felt a little better around 12:30 so I decided to head out to Verizon (to get a new phone), Kohls and Whole Foods. Not sure if I mentioned, but my friend Gretchen and I are going to eat RAW this week. We have both been doing a lot of reading on various blogs so we decided to give it a shot. I got tons of fruits and vegetables and ridiculous amounts of nuts and dried fruits. I got home around 4:30 and we immediately had to leave to go up to Saugus to celebrate my father-in-laws birthday. But first, we stopped at the Burlington Mall to pick up my perennial Cookie Cake. Doesn't Dave look like he is on a mission?? Also, Dave ordered the cake by phone and they ended up spelling my name Livvy. They fixed it, but it was quite a funny story.
For dinner, my mother-in-law made Shrimp Scampi with linguine and a side salad. It was sooooo good and I ate my whole plate!!!


For dessert, Karen made an Angel Food Cake with Strawberry Cool Whip frosting.

When Dave and I got home, I got to work preppLinking for Raw Week. I made these donut holes from Ani's Raw Food Kitchen cookbook that my friend Gretchen bought me for my birthday.

Donut Holes
1 cup almonds, dry
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 vanilla bean, scraped
1 cup dried pineapple, chop
1 cup pitted dates
5 Tablespoons dried shredded coconut

I used vanilla extract instead of a vanilla bean and I also made a batch with dried apple and dried cranberry.

And here is what mine looked like:

Here is a bunch of my prep work. I am bringing 7 containers of tuperware tomorrow to work!


No comments:

Post a Comment