Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hump Day!

It's already Wednesday! YAY!!! Today, I tried AGAIN to wake up at 5AM with no luck. Dave and I were running late all morning and then we got stuck in traffic on 135 and I saw my train coming so I jumped out of the car and ran for it. Dave said it was pretty funny watching my pink bag jump through the air and joked that I would have made it even if I didn't get out of the car. haha oh well. Got into work, organized some things and ate my oatmeal around 9. At around 10:15, I got hungry again and had a Fiber One granola bar. Then at 11:20ish, I left for the gym. I set out to do 7 because I felt so good yesterday and had the time today. I got on my favorite treadmill, (if you are a runner you know you have one) and just starting running while watching E!'s most shocking moments. I felt okay, not bad, not great, but I kept pushing the pace. The last 10 minutes I ran at 7.5 for one minute, then up to 8.0 for one minute and back and forth like that. The final 1/2 mile, I ran at 9.0 pace! Fast, but it felt good.


Date3 /4/2009
RouteTreadmill
Distance7.00 mi
Time59:30
Pace08:30/mile

Then I showered in record speed and got back to the office by 1. Not bad! Of course, my hair looks like a curly mess but thats why God invented elastics! Hair up! For lunch, I ate the same of yesterday which was a Josephs Wheat Wrap (50 calories), a couple slices of Cracked Pepper Turkey, Mexican Shredded Cheese and Spinach. I also had a Laughing Cow Cheese slice and pineapple. Yum! For dinner I think I am going to make Chili with Beer in it. I saw this recipe last night while watching Robin Millers Quick Fix Meals and I think I am going to try it out!


  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 5 teaspoons Pre-Chopped Garlic, recipe follows
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 2 red bell peppers, seeded and diced
  • 3 canned jalapeno peppers, diced
  • 1 packet chili seasoning
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 (5-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
  • 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
  • 1 bottle beer
  • 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, shaved
  • 2 scallions, chopped, for garnish
  • Cheddar, for garnish
I definintely don't have unsweetened chocolate and will have to modify a few other things but I'm excited! Don't worry, I'll take pictures later!

Here's how it turned out!!





I added some crunched nacho chips and the avocado dip I made last night along with some shredded mexican-blend cheese. Delicious and on the table in under 20 minutes! Screw thirty minutes, I can make dinner in 20!! Here's how:

First I browned the ground turkey (I used 93% Lean Turkey as well as leftover Rotiseree Chicken), then I added a can of tomatoes with jalepenos, pinto beans, a can of diced chilis, 1/2 a pack of frozen peas- defrosted in the microwave, 1/2 a pack of frozen corn defrosted and 1/2 a cup of mango spicy salsa. I added tons of chili powder and I found a packet of Chili Mix and used some of that. I wanted to make it a bit spicier, so I added some hot sauce as well. I use the Asian Chili Hot Sauce that they have at sushi restaurants.


I let it simmer a little, but we were hungry!!! It was so good!!!
It's almost 8 and I totally feel ready for bed. Need to wake up at 4:50ish tomorrow. Insane. But I'm excited to run with the group.


No comments:

Post a Comment