Friday, March 20, 2009

Not Your Grandmother's Meatloaf!

So I'm going to start this blog from right now (9pm) and work back to this morning. Dave and I just finished the dishes after I cooked a very modernized version of Meatloaf. To tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever eaten Meatloaf- it's always scared me. But after reading several recipes, I decided to give it a try. Here is my version of Healthy Turkey Meatloaf:

1lb of 93% Lean Ground Turkey
1 Onion
1 Tablespoon of Garlic
3 Large Roasted Red Peppers
2 Cups of Spinach
1/4 Cup of Parsley
2 Egg Whites
1 Cup of Bread Crumbs
Thyme
Bay Leaves
1 Cup of Ketchup
1/4 Cup of Catalina Dressing
3 Tablespoons of a mix of Mozzarella and Parmesian Cheese

Heat some EVOO in a Skillet and add a diced onion and minced garlic. After 5-10 minutes, add the diced Roasted red Peppers. Add the spices. When cooked through, add the mix to a large mixing bowl with the Ground Turkey. Add Spinach to the skillet and let wilt down. It takes only minutes. Add the spinach to the bowl and add the Ketchup, Egg Whites, Dressing and Breadcrumbs and Grated Cheese. Here's how it looks in the bowl:

Then take off your rings and get ready to mix it all together!!! Once mixed through, form into a loaf on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Like this:


Add a bit more ketchup to the top and bake at 400• for 35-50 minutes.

Here's how it turned out:




God I love Spinach!!! We just watched BC lose : ( and now Dave is watching the Celtics. KG is back in the lineup!!!

Okay so the day was pretty good. This morning I went to Soundtrack- the place where we mix our commercials and videos and record Voice Over Talent. I don't usually go, but decided to get out of the office and plus there was some music challenges I wanted to explain to the sound engineer about my cut. It was a Brand Essence Video for one of our existing clients. Which basically means, its a video for the employees at the company to explain the new campaign/direction our new commercials are going in. So I was there until about 12:30, then I went over to the gym for my run. I was supposed to 4 but I kept feeling like I had to be back in the office, so I only did 3. Tomorrow and Sunday I am going to have to 12-14 miles. My plan is to run as long as I can tomorrow on the treadmill and then try to run outside on Sunday. I'm not completely healthy but I can't sit around waiting.

I got lunch at Cosi- Signature Light Salad with Feta Cheese and Whole Wheat Bread:



Oh my other exciting news of the day is that I lost a pound this week for the Biggest Loser Competition! We only have two weeks left! We'll see how I do. I would like to end at 128ish because then I will have lost 10 pounds which is 7.24%. We'll see if I can do it. I ceretainly won't win, but I would feel pretty good!

Okay, I am off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment