Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rudolph the Red Nosed Lizzy

So I've been sick since early Saturday morning and its still going strong. I woke up Saturday morning with a horrible sore throat and its just gotten progressively worse. I took yesterday off of work and went to the doctor. I thought I had strep but the doctor predicted that I might have the start of a really bad cold and that I would probably wake up today with a runny nose, sinus pressure and a sore throat. She was right. I went through probably a box of tissues and my nose is so red! Needless to say, I haven't been running, at all. Which totally sucks because endurance goes so quickly. I hope I get better by Friday so I can run with the group!!

So Friday, I went out to dinner for Courtney's birthday to Tasca. It was so good. Here is the happy birthday girl now:

We drank Sangria and the six of us shared over 10 Tapas. It was delicious. Look how happy we are:

Saturday I stayed in bed all day and didn't eat much. Dave made me Chicken Soup. On Sunday, I felt better and really thought I was almost done with the sickness. I didn't eat much during the day, but for dinner, we went all out and made Steak and Creamed Spinach with my Avocado Dip on the side.


I stayed home from work Monday and ate toast and soup pretty much all day. Today, I was pretty busy at work but still didn't feel very well. I ate a piece of Toast and tea on my train ride into work. For lunch I had a turkey wrap with the vegan cheese and spinach. I drank probably four cups of tea today as well. I left work early because I felt pretty terrible. Dave and I made very lean 99% Fat Free Turkey meatballs with spiral pasta and sauce made of Red Pepper Classico Tomato Sauce and a can of Diced Tomatoes mixed with Chipotles. It was spicy deliciousness! Here's how it looked:

Now it's 6:30 and I'm thinking about getting ready for bed. Dave and I keep fighting over who has to do the dishes. I think we'll end up doing them together. Okay, talk to you tomorrow! Hopefully, I will be able to work out sometime soon!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment