Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Funday

We woke up late today- 10:30! I think that is the first time I slept that late in a year. Seriously. Here's what I made for breakfast:
Arnold makes these new bread sandwiches that are only 100 calories and 6 grams of fiber. They are kind of like English Muffins. My omelette had Mexican Blend Lite Cheese, Spinach, Green Onions and Cracked Pepper Turkey. Usually I make an omelette this size and split it in two for both Dave and I but I was hungry this morning. I had this with my coffee and Coffeemate Hazelnut Creamer. Yum. Now I'm gearing up to go to the gym. But first let me tell you about yesterdays workout and food. Yesterday, I woke up and had coffee and this omelette:
The Omlette was made with Cheese and Green Onions with Wheat Toast and "I Can't Believe its not Butter." I didn't have much food left in the fridge to put in this omelet. After breakfast, Dave and I went to the eye doctor to order new glasses and contacts, then I went grocery shopping. We are having a dinner party tonight with our friends Jane and Brian so I bought tons. Check out the groceries:

After grocery shopping, I hung out with my friend Dana for a few hours. She works at NESN so her hours are 2:30-11:30pm so I don't get to see her very often anymore. She helped me prep my dinner menu and we ate lunch. I basically heated up leftovers from the last two nites. Here's what my plate looked like:


Some meat loaf, Asparagus and some Mashies. After lunch, I continued to prep dinner. I marinated the Steak Tips in an Asian Teriaki sauce and marinaded the chicken in honey mustard garlic sauce. Then I sliced my vegetables thinly to prepare to grill them for my Vegetable Salad I made. These vegetables were, 2 Red Peppers, 1 Red Onion, 2 Zucchini's, and 1 Eggplant. Dana helped me peel the potatoes for my mashed potatoes and I made a giant salad. I also diced my 2 avocados with tomatoes, jalepenos, lime juice and lots of S&P. Once the prepping was done, Dana and I hung out for a bit more, then she left for work and I went to the gym. On Thursday and Friday, I did three miles and I knew I had to get over 5 to stay on my training schedule. I ended up running 6 miles. It certainly wasn't easy, but I got threw it in 53 minutes. My friend from high school, actually my senior prom date, walked next to me for the remaining two miles and we chatted the whole time. I swear if he wasn't there, I probably wouldn't have been able to finish! Its so much easier for me to talk while I run than just watch TV or read magazines or listen to music. I'm prepping myself now to go to the gym and hopefully going to do 7-8 miles. Here's my stats from the past three days:

Date3 /19/2009
RouteTreadmill
Distance3.00 mi
Time27:00
Pace09:00/mile



Date



3 /20/2009
RouteTreadmill
Distance3.00 mi
Time27:00
Pace09:00/mile


Date


3 /21/2009
RouteTreadmill
Distance6.00 mi
Time53:00
Pace08:50/mile


When I got home from the gym, I was starving! So I took a half Lavish Roll (50 calories) and melted mexican blend cheese and put some of the avocado dip in it.


Okay now on to my dinner last night. Once I got home from the gym, I took the sliced vegetables out of the fridge and brushed them with EVOO and S&P and handed them off to David to grill on our outside grill. Oh yes, it's out again along with our outdoor furniture and we DO NOT plan on putting it away again due to snow. Snow Snow don't come back again! Then I put the water on to boil for my potatoes. Then I got cleaned up and came back down to finish the cooking before our guests arrived. Dave finished grilling the vegetables and I let them cool a few minutes and then I started dicing them! I diced the onion, peppers, zucchini, and eggplant and threw it in a serving bowl along with oour cut in half- grape tomatoes. I then took half a block of fat free feta cheese and crumbled it into the bowl. I also made a dressing combining EVOO, Red Wine Vinegar, Oregano and Salt and Pepper and I poured it over the top and then mixed it all together. I saw this recipe for the Veggie Salad on Ellie Kriegers Healthy Eating show. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients

  • 1 red bell pepper cored and cut into 4 pieces
  • 1 eggplant (about 1 pound), cut across into 1/4-inch rounds
  • 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
  • 2 medium zucchini (about 8 ounces each), cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices
  • Olive oil cooking spray
  • 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

Directions

Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on a tray or work surface. Lightly spray both sides with olive oil cooking spray. Preheat a grill or grill pan over a medium-high heat. Grill the vegetables in batches until both sides are nicely charred and the vegetables are just tender, about 10 minutes for the pepper, about 8 minutes for the eggplant and onion, and about 6 minutes for the zucchini. When the vegetables are cool enough to handle, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and transfer to a large bowl. Crumble Feta Cheese over the vegetables.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and oregano. Pour over the vegetables and toss. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.

Here's how it turned out:

Then I finished the Creamy Mashed Potatoes. I strained them, put them in back in the bowl with light cream and Herb and garlic Cheese spread and lots of Salt and Pepper. Here's how it turned out:

At the same time, Dave was grilling the chicken and steaks with Brian outside. I also finished the salad.
Once everything was cooked, it was time to eat:

Our guests were excited!


Here's the platter of the chicken:

And the steak:

And my plate:

I think I ate the world biggest piece of Steak. But I didn't eat the chicken because I was so full.

Because I'm not a huge baker- not into exact measurements, I decided to buy an Angel Food Cake and make a simple topping with Frozen Berries and Sugar on the stovetop and of course, a little Whipped Topping. Here's my helping:

I also had three glasses of Prosecco and I'm telling you, I was kinda drunk! It was a delicious day of food! Now I'm off to work it off! Let's hope I can do 8!


No comments:

Post a Comment