Tuesday, April 14, 2009

i love blogging in bed

So as I mentioned before, I had a doctors appointment yesterday morning and I went running before and forgot to eat breakfast! Here are my stats for the morning run.


Date4 /14/2009
RouteAshland Neighborhood Loop
Distance3.75 mi
Time33:10
Pace08:50/mile


I felt pretty slow and I really hate running outside by myself. Just not exciting or motivating. Plus I ran tons of hills. Ashland is hilly!

When I got into work- around 11:30, I was starving so I got this tomato basil soup from Cosi. It was soooo good. I love this soup!


Around 3:30, I ate half my wrap with cottage cheese. I bought this new type of cottage cheese and it was pretty bad so I only had a couple bites.



After work, I got my eyebrows done and then headed home on the D Line which took forever. When I got home, I got straight to work. My plan was to cook Chicken Curry. I was starving though so while I cooked, I snacked on my guac dip and these black bean chips:


Here is the recipe I found on Simply Recipes:


Chicken Curry in a Hurry Recipe
Ingredients

1 Tbsp corn, grapeseed, or olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced
1/3 cup golden raisins (optional)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons yellow curry powder, or to taste
4 skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
1 cup sour cream


1 Put the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add the onions (and optional raisins), sprinkle with some salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium, sprinkle with half of the curry powder, and continue to cook a minute or two.

2 Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and sprinkle it with the remaining curry powder. Move the onion to one side of the skillet and add the chicken in one layer. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate.

3 Add the sour cream and stir constantly over medium-low heat until the mixture is nice and thick. Return the chicken to the skillet and cook for a couple more minutes, or until cooked through, turning once.

Garnish with cilantro or parsley and serve with rice.

Serves 4.

The only thing I did differently, was I used leeks and onions and I served it along with rice and brocolli and a salad. Yummy! I also sped up the cooking process by cooking the chicken in one pan and the onions in another, then combining them with the curry sauce for the final five minutes of cooking.

Here is the end result:




After dinner, Dave and I cleaned the dishes then I got ready for bed. I got another great night of sleep. Was asleep by 10 pm! I just got into work and ate my oatmeal and I had couple sips of my coffee before I had to sprint onto the train! Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment