Saturday, June 13, 2009

10K Race, Best Friend Day, Long Working Days and Running!!!

On Tuesday, my friend Gretchen and I ran the Milton 10K after work. It was lightly misting so I wasn't quite in the mood to run 6.2 miles, but it actually turned out to be pretty perfect running weather and I was REALLY happy with my time, especially since a) it was really hilly b) I had never raced a 10K before. Here's my stats:

 145   51:52  8:22   22 18-29   54 F   151 Liz

Because there was no tracking device, my watch time was a little different. Here's my Garmin stats. It also says the race was a little over 6.2 miles.

And the pace- 8:16! I definitely want to try to break 50 next time...

After the race, Gretchen and I headed over to her friend Jane's house for some food! Jane made grilled shrimp, chicken, satay sauce and a fresh salad with bread. It was so good!!! I also enjoyed a couple glasses of Prosecco.

Wednesday and Thursday were more long days at work and then Thursday night Courtney and I celebrated Best Friend Day with Sushi!!!! BFF Day was on Monday. Courtney read about it some email chain she subscribes to. So... for food, we got one House Salad with the best ginger dressing!!

Then we shared Crab Rangoons:

And then for our sushi! We got Eel and Avocado, White Fish and Asparagus, Crazy Roll and another roll with crab in the inside with tuna on the outside. Everything was delicious!

Look how happy Courtney is with the sushi!

Then Friday night, Dave and I finally got to hang out so we made homemade pizza!! I used store bought whole wheat pizza dough. We had a lot of problems stretching the dough, it kept breaking! While Dave stretched the dough, I grabbed basically everything we had left in the fridge. I sauteed mushrooms, spinach, half a cup of diced pancetta, and chicken sausage. Then I diced up some red onion and red pepper. When the dough was shaped, I added some store bought tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, the filling from the cooking pan and the onions and peppers. I then topped it with more cheese, a mix of mozzarella and cheddar. And then I baked at 400 for 20 minutes and YUM!

I also wanted to make a delicious salad but when I looked into the fridge, there was no more romaine left! But I did have Endive. So I diced the Endive, and then cleaned out the fridge with any veggies I had left. Red Onion, Cucumber, Red Bell Peppers, Green Onion, Some Guac I made the other day and corn. Then I made a delicious dressing of Red Wine Vinegar, Honey, Oregano, Mustard and EVOO.

Now lets check out my colorful cheesy plate:

This morning I woke up and picked up my friend Nancy at 6:55 AM and we drove to Wellesley to run a couple miles before the group run started. We ran 1 mile on the track and then met up with the group and did about 5 miles more with them. The pace was pretty slow today but I wasn't feeling my best so I didn't mind. After running 6, Nancy and I decided to keep going so we added the lake around Wellesley College, about 5 more miles from where we were out and back. We ended up running 11.39 (can we call it 11.5?!?!) I struggled a bit at the end but I was psyched to run that much! Unfortunately, I got some pretty bad chaffing under my arms. It's pretty painful.

When I got home, I made myself an egg sammy. I made a sunnyside egg and toasted the Arnold wheat thin with cheese and put it all together. Delic!

Then I cleaned the house and around 1, I had this wrap. It was a whole wheat wrap with a big scoop of the salad from last night with melted cheddar cheese.

Now, I'm relaxing before getting ready for my friend Remi's wedding!! After a dreary week, the sun finally came out just for her! Can't wait! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment