Sunday, June 28, 2009

Running & Races, Commuter Hell & Sushi!


Thursday night, we ran the Corporate Challenge after work. This is a pic of some of the broadcast girls. And here's the back of our t-shirts. I love this pic!

I ran this race pretty good. I still want to get faster! The race was 3.5 miles. Here are my stats:

Mile 1: 7:44
Mile 2: 7:57
Mile 3: 8:09
Last 1/2 Mile: 3:34 (7:26min/mile pace)

Total Time: 27:25 (7:50 pace)

Then after work, we went for drinks and some appetizers. Friday was a busy working day. Friday night, I planned on making pork tenderloin with more kale. However, my express 6pm train didn't cooperate. Right outside Back Bay Station, the train stopped due to a switch failure. We sat on that train for 3.5 hours waiting for the signal! I didn't get home until almost 10 and I was frustrated and tired. Dave had made the Pork Tenderloin with spices and mustard and some Kale Chips. He does know how to cook! I would have taken pictures of his work, but I was so tired and hungry that I just ate it right away!

Saturday morning, I picked up my friend Nancy at 7am and we drove to the group run. We ran 6ish miles with the group and then added on 5 more. The pace with the group was slow, but we picked it up on the last 5 miles. This run felt great and we even added in some stairs!


Run - 06/27/2009 7:30 AM

Type:Easy
Distance: 11.08 miles
Time: 1 hr 49 min 12 secs
Pace: 9:51 min/miles
Route: Wellesley



Saturday night, Dave and I, my brother and my sister in law, and our friends Laura and Pete went out for Sushi! Before we left, we enjoyed some Sangria that I made. I'm loving Sangria! Then we went to our local sushi restuarant. Laura and I shared a Scorpian Bowl. yum!

We ordered 11 rolls to spilt between 6 people along with Seaweed Salad and Crab Rangoons.


This was my favorite! Shaped as a heart!

Yesterday afternoon, before I went grocery shopping, I went through a bunch of my cooking magazines I've gotten over the last couple months to search for dinner ideas for the week.


Since chicken was on sale at Shaws this week, I bought tons of it and am going to make a couple chicken dinners inspired by these pictures and recipes...

I always think its funny that I'm constantly drawn to the advertisements in cooking magazines. I had bought this brand of thai food a couple weeks ago, so I am going to make spicy peanut pasta with chicken and probably make my own satay sauce on the side. I also want to make Chicken Picatta with Capers and Artichokes.

I also want to make Bacon Wrapped Cod (not the healthiest, but it looks so good!)

I'm also determined to bake a cake (from scratch) today. I bought cake pans last week so why not? It's Dave's mothers birthday and we are going out to dinner late so I might as well try it! I'm leaning towards the Lemon Cake.

I was a bit hungover this morning, so Dave cooked for me! This is the hungover breakfast of champions. Over easy eggs, bacon with toast and butter and Coffee! I'm off to get this day started. Dave may buy us a new car! Fingers crossed.

Oh, Gretchen and I also got into the Blog Summit thats going on later this summer. I can't wait and I'm so excited we got in!

No comments:

Post a Comment