Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Boring Day

Today was pretty uneventful. I did a lot of organizing at work and that's about it... lets discuss yesterdays eats and workout. I had a breakfast cookie to start the day and then I ate the salad you saw on Sunday's post. For dinner, we ate the Chicken Rollatini's that I made on Sunday.

I also made some Annie's Mac and Cheese, some Guac, Corn on the Cob and Salad with a homemade dressing. As you can see, this was way too much food. I ate half the chicken and none of the corn. The rest I had no problem finishing. I decided to cut the corn off the cob and dice the chicken for a salad for lunch for today!

I also made a homemade dressing of chipotles in adobe, honey, Lime Juice and EVOO.

I'm jumping around, but yesterday (Tuesday), my co-worker and I decided to run during lunch. We ran 5 miles around the Charles and it was really nice.


Date6 /16/2009
RouteWork-Around Charles
Distance5.00 mi
Time45:00
Pace09:00/mile

Today, I had a breakfast cookie for breakfast and you saw what I ate for lunch. At 11:30ish, I went to the gym and wanted to run fast. I ended up running a treadmill 5K. I started running at 7.2 and ran my last 1.5 mile going up and down with my pace for each .25 mile (400 meters). I got all the way up to 9.6 MPH pace which I think is 6:30 pace! Wahoo!!



Date6 /17/2009
RouteTreadmill
Distance3.10 mi
Time24:20
Pace07:50/mile

For dinner, I had Swordfish to cook so I decided to make a marinade of 1 Tablespoon of Melted Butter, 3 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar, a squeeze of honey and lime juice. I let the fish hang out in the marinade while I made the Veggie Salad to go along with it.



Fresh Veggie Salad

Half an English Cucumber, Diced
1/2 a Red Onion, Diced
1/2 a Jalepeno, Diced
1/2 Red Pepper, Diced
10 Chives, cut in pieces
2 Fresh Corn on the Cob, cut of the cob

Dressing
Mustard
Apple Cider Vinegar
Honey
EVOO
S&P

Mix all together and serve!

After I finished the salad, I put the swordfish on my grill pan. 6 minutes on each side and it was perfect!

I also decided to make some guac on the side. I've been making guac in the food processor and it gets a lot smoother. Just mix the avocado, lime juice, S&P and Jalepeno together and this is what you get:

In addition, I made Spicy Kale Chips:

Rip Kale off from core in small bunches, place on baking sheet. Mix with EVOO, S&P and Red Pepper Flakes and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

Then I plated all the deliciousness.


Lots of veggies, but I wouldn't want it any other way! The Kale chips were easily the star!

No comments:

Post a Comment