Monday, June 1, 2009

Veggies and more Veggies

This morning I woke up and went to the gym. I wanted to run a 10K on the treadmill and see how fast I could run. I started at 7.0, did an interval at the 3 mile mark at 7.5MPH then continued to go up from there. I finished my run at 9.5 pace- which I think is 6:30min/mile.


Date6 /1/2009
RouteTreadmill
Distance6.20 mi
Time50:15
Pace08:06/mile

I ran the last mile around 7 minutes!! Felt pretty good!

For breakfast, I ate the breakfast cookie I made the night before. Well, half of it. Then for lunch, I ate a Pressed Sandwich of Turkey, Spinach and Brie with Jalapeno Chips. I also drank coconut water.


Then for dinner, I made Pork Tenderloin with Summer Squash and Zucchini, along with spinach and mushrooms. Here's how I made the Pork:

Salty & Sweet Pork Tenderloin

Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- chopped garlic
- 1 lb Pork Tenderloin
- Salt and Pepper

Steps:
Turn oven onto 350. Put EVOO in a pan and sear the seasoned salt and peppered pork on both sides. In a baking dish, add the EVOO, Vinegar, Maple Syrup and Garlic and mix together then add the pork and bake on 350 for 15-20 minutes. While the pork cooks, saute zucchini, and summer squash in some EVOO and S &P. Once that is cooked, remove to a serving dish. Add the Spinach and Mushrooms and cook for ten minutes. Once the pork is done, slice and make medallions and serve! Oh, I also made some corn on the cob. So I think I got my veggie fix!

And my plan:

Dave and I decided not to go to Tasty Treat (ice cream place down the street) and instead made S'mores using the enemy- Nutella.

Oh, also, my friend Jenny from work who used to work for the Red Sox in 2004, brought in her championship ring... check me out!!!

Okay, good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment