Sunday, August 2, 2009

Busy Week and Steak Sunday (Again)

Insanely busy week. After Monday night, I didn't do so much cooking. Tuesday night I worked until 8:30 and stopped at Big Fresh on my way home and ordered:

  • Thai Curry
    Coconut curry sauce over jasmine rice & broccoli with tofu and wild Alaskan salmon
It was amazing! And totally hit the spot!

Wednesday, I worked late again and when I got home around 8:30, I decided to make the 1.5 lb of chicken I had in the fridge. I cut the the breasts in half so it was much quicker to cook. I sauted the chicken with EVOO, salt and pepper. Then I also made vegetable brown rice with soy sauce and sesame oil. I put this together in under 20 minutes.

Thursday night my brother came over and brought some Veggie Pizza. Again, so tasty. We all agreed we could eat pizza every night. I went to bed at 8pm Thursday night and woke up at 4:45am to get ready to run. I ran with Nancy at 6am around my town. We ran for an 1:20 minutes and ran through trails, hills, bugs, and mud. We got in 8.5 miles before work. Not too shabby.


Friday night Dave and I went out for sushi. I also feel like I could eat sushi everyday! We got a Spider Roll, Crazy Roll, Rainbow Roll and Eel and Avocado. It was way too much food and we ended up bringing a lot of it home and I ate it for lunch on Saturday.

On Saturday, I didn't wake up and run because we had to change our long run to Sunday. Felt good to sleep in on a Saturday! I did some chores then met Courtney on her parents boat. Great day to lie out on a beach in the Harbor. Couldn't beat it. Here we are! This is the life:

Around 5, Dave called and told me his parents were at the house and they wanted me to pick up local Italian. I got the food, some wine and headed home. I ate spinach lasagna and a salad and lots of water. No alcohol for me with a 5am wakeup call! Around 9, I headed to bed and met the girls this morning in the city for 12 miles around the Charles. It was hard for me today. I'm thinking its all the crap food I've been eating lately! I'm ready to cook my own meals this week!

I accomplished so much today! After the run, I went to Target where I got lots of decorations for bathrooms in our house and curtains. Then I went over to Bed Bath and got more curtains and rods. I wanted to bring home a lot of different options for us to choose from. After that, I headed to the Grocery Store.

Here's the Weekly Menu:

Dave's Tomato Sauce with Linguine
Asian Beef Rollups
Healthy Fish and Chips
Fish Tacos
Soy Glazed Tofu

Dave simmered his family tomato sauce all afternoon. We mixed the sauce with linguine with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.

I decided to make Asian Beef Rollups from this months Cooking Light. The two didn't go together, but individually they were both pretty good. I just had a really hard time rolling the meat. This is what it was supposed to look like:

And this is mine:

I marinated the meat with tamari, salt and pepper and sesame oil for a couple hours. I then julliened a red pepper and 10 Green Onions and used half a zucchini. I wrapped the steak around the veggies and sauted them. Unfortunately they didn't stay wrapped for long. I also had some creamed spinach on the side.

I forgot to get cereal for David so I decided to make some Apple Muffins. This recipe was inspired from the Flax Seed box. They are healthy and delicious! Here is the recipe:

Whole Wheat Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins

Ingredients:
1/4 Cup of Flax Seed
3/4 Cup of Whole Wheat Flour
3/4 Cup of White Flour
1/2 Cup of Sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
1 egg beaten
1 cup of apple cored and chopped
3 Tablespoon of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of Skim Milk
2 handfulls of dried cranberry
1/2 cup of oats
2 pinches of cinnamon

Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet in another, then add the dry to the wet along with the oats, cinnamon, cranberries and apples. Fill the cupcake molds until 2/3 full and bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes.

It's before 8 and I'm already in bed. I'm ready for another busy week! Hopefully, I can still cook at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment