Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Fish N Chips, Two Ways

Last night I made Fish N Chips, the chips being potato sticks and kale chips. I used all fresh ingredients and was pretty excited with the results! The first thing I did when I got home was preheat the oven to 425. Then I got to work peeling the potatoes (I used three different kinds of potatoes- small golden potatoes, rustic potatoes and red potatoes- basically whatever looked good at the Farmers Market!) Then I cut them into really thin matchsticks with EVOO, and lots of salt and pepper. I put those in the over for probably around 40 minutes on a baking sheet or until crispy.

Then I got to work on the batter for my Fish Sticks. The batter was made of 1/2 Cup of Skim Milk, 1 Egg, 1/2 Cup of Flour, 2 Tsbp of Baking Soda and Salt and Pepper. I whisked that together until I got out the lumps and then I threw in the fish. I used Cod that I cut into 2 inch thin pieces. Then I lined a baking sheet with EVOO Spray and threw them in the oven with the fries. Probably for 15-20 minutes.

And then last but not least, I made some Kale Chips with EVOO, Salt and Pepper.

For a dipping sauce, I mixed together Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey. It was a sweet sauce and went well with the fish. Here is everything all together! We had tons of leftover fish which I'm going to use in tonights fish tacos!

No comments:

Post a Comment