Thursday, August 27, 2009

Running Cook!

Hello everyone! I have a lot of cooking to update you on! Monday night I ate a piece of the Tortilla Pie with a Salad and Annie's Goddess Dressing.

I also ran 7 miles in the morning on the treadmill in 61:48. Then on Tuesday, I ran an easy 3 during lunch in 25:50. Tuesday night, I made a feast. Dana was sleeping over and eating dinner with us and I had planned to make sirloin lettuce wraps but she doesn't eat red meat so in addition, I also made an adapted version from Bon Appetit of Spiced Pear Flatbreads with Mozzerela and Mustard Cream.

Ingredients:
Mustard Cream:

  • 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
  • 3 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon honey
TOPPING:
  • 2 firm but ripe pears, halved lengthwise, cored
  • Olive oil
  • red pepper flakes, a couple pinches
  • salt
  • 5 cups baby arugula (about 4 ounces)
  • 8 ounces mozzerela
Instructions:

Mustard Cream:


  • Whisk all ingredients in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to room temperature before using.
Topping:


  • Cut pear halves vertically into very scant 1/4-inch-thick slices.

  • Preheat oven to 400 °F

  • Stretch and roll dough lightly floured work surface. Place on floured pizza peel or rimless baking sheet. Brush dough with oil; sprinkle with salt and red pepper flakes. Scatter 1/4 of arugula over. Drizzle lightly with oil. Top with pear slices and the cheese, add the mustard cream on top and bake for 15 minutes..
  • Let cool and then serve.
This pizza was soooo tasty and different. I love the addition of the pepper flakes, it added a spice to the sweet mustard sauce.

So as I mentioned above, I was a busy Lizzy cook Tuesday! I also made Thai Sirloin Lettuce Wraps.


Ingredients:

  • 1 pound of lean ground sirloin
  • 2 shallots, diced
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp of ginger
  • 1 can of sliced water chestnuts, cut into strips
  • 1 T of Hoisin Sauce
  • 2 T of Tamari
  • 1 t of fish sauce
  • 3 t of Sriracha
  • 1 Chipotle in Adobo, minced
  • 4 green onions, chopped
  • 15 leaves of bibb lettuce, washed and dried
Saute beef in large skillet over medium- high heat for 5-10 minutes until no longer pink. Then add the garlic, shallots, ginger and water chestnuts and cook until softened. Add the next 5 ingredients until combined and heated through. Top with Green Onions.

I also cooked Nasoya Japanese Style Noodles and combined those with soy sauce and sesame seeds.

So then I just took a leave of lettuce, put some noodles then topped with the beef and rolled it for a yummy dinner! And as you can see, I also had some pizza!



Wednesday morning I left when Dana left (6:10AM) and headed to Boston to run with a work friend around Castle Island in Southie. Gorgeous run! We ran 6.6 miles in just over 60 minutes. When I got home from work, I immediately started cooking! I decided to make Shrimp and Chicken Pad Thai.

Ingredients:

  • 1 package of pad thai clear rice noodles
  • 2 T of fish sauce
  • 2 t of sugar
  • 2 T of Tamari
  • 1 t of hoisin
  • 1 t of chili-garlic sauce
  • 1 t of garlic
  • 1 package of frozen shrimp, defrosted
  • 2 chicken breasts, already cooked and diced
  • 2 chipotles in adobo (minced) - (you don't have to use these, I just had a can open and LOVE the smokey heat)
  • 1 ounce of water chestnuts (again, I had these leftover from the night before, you don't have to use them)
  • 1/2 cup of chicken broth to thin out the sauce
  • garnish with peanuts, lime wedges and green onions
Instructions:
Cook noodles according to package directions. In a bowl combine the fish sauce, sugar, soy sauce, hoisin, and chili-garlic sauce. Then add garlic to hot stirfry pan and add the shrimp and chicken until the shrimp turns pink. Add fish sauce mixture, and chilis, then add the water chestunuts and noodles and stirfry the noodles. If the sauce thickens too much, add some chicken broth to thin out the sauce. Then garnish with peanuts, lime wedges and green onions and serve!



So tonight, I have a meeting with my Ragnar Relay team and I decided to make Lasagna. This is a typical lasagna recipe made with no boil noodles, ricotta mixed with spinach and chicken sausage with mozzerela and parmesan cheese.

Happy Thursday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - this is quite a collection of delicious-sounding recipes! I love the idea of pear flatbread :)

    ReplyDelete