Saturday, May 30, 2009

5K.. trying to speed things up.

I woke up early this morning and drove down to Foxboro to run a 5K with my friend Erin and her sister Stephanie. It was HOT!!! Here we are before the run!

Here are my results!

 150   24:37  7:56   14 19-29   30 F   940 Liz 

I finally ran under 8 minute pace. Barely. But it really motivated me to run even faster. I can't wait to run a 5K in the 23s! Thats my next goal. But... I did sign up for a 10K in Milton in a week. Goal there is to break 50. But I've never run a 10K though so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. But I'll try my best!

Okay so after the race, I went to lunch with Erin and Steph and I got a salad with avocado, feta, tomatoes, chicken, carrots and balsamic vinaigrette. Then I went hardcore shopping. Bought a few things at Ann Taylor Loft, even more at Old Navy and even more at Banana Republic Outlet. I got home around 5pm exhausted but excited to go out with my girlfriends. I ate a sandwich with jalapeno cheese and prosciutto. Sorry no pictures.

Then we headed to Brighton. Got some drinks on the patio at Devlins. I got a Strawberry Martini and a Vodka and Red Bull. Then we Brighton bar hopped. Next we went to Brighton Beer Garden. We ordered our drinks then were trying to figure out how to pay- we all only had cards... then all of the sudden, the bartender said a nice gentleman paid for our drinks. We never found out who that person was but who cares, free drinks! The Cavs/Magic game ended and that bar totally cleared out so we went to another bar where Dana's friends were- Boyne Bar in Allston. My friends had some drinks and I hung out for a bit longer before making Courtney leave so we could get late night pizza. I was bad! It was 1:45 in the AM and we had to drive about two miles to find anything open (the four pizza places near where we were, were already closed). What can I say... 2AM pizza is delicious... once in awhile!

I got home around 2:15 and slept straight until 10:15. Impressive right? For breakfast I made Dave and I sunny side eggs and toast. Then I grocery shopped and cleaned the house. Planned on a long run today but that didn't happen! For lunch I made a delicious sandwich inspired by this tiny sandwich shop we used to go to all the time when I worked at Mullen, which I have no idea what it was called and only have a vague idea of how to get there now. Aww.. memories. The sandwich was a
Curry Chicken Salad wrap with grapes. We had one cooked chicken breast left so I chopped that up, chopped up some grapes and added 1/8 Cup of Plain Greek Yogurt and 2 Tablespoons (about) of Curry Powder and Salt and Pepper. Then I put this together on the Arnold 100 calorie buns. Dave and I enjoyed this sandwich with some chips and salad. Then WE CLEANED house. My relatives are staying with us this week because my brother is having his graduation/wedding celebration on Friday.




For dinner, I made Chinese Honey Glazed Cod over Spinach and Portobello Mushrooms with Asian Spicy Noodles. Here's what I did:

Chinese Honey Glazed Cod over Spinach and Portobello Mushrooms with Asian Spicy Noodles

Ingredients:
1 pound of Cod cut into two filets
3 tbsp. of honey
2 Tablespoon of Tamari
1 Tablespoon of Rice Wine Vinegar
2 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil
2 tbsp. of sesame seeds
1 Cup of Spinach
1/2 Cup of Mushrooms

In a Corningware or deep pan add the ingredients of the marinade and wisk until combined. Then add the cod filets and turn to coat. Set oven to 400. While oven gets hot, let the fish marinate. Add the spinach and mushrooms then sprinkle the filets with sesame seeds and bake for 15 minutes.

While the cod bakes, make the spicy noodles. I use the Fortune Yakisoba Stir Fry Noodles that are Hot n Spicy. To the noodles, I added spinach, mushrooms and roasted red peppers.


Then I plated- here is the delicious dinner now!



Now on to the days I've missed. Wednesday night, Courtney slept over and before we went to bed, we made Breakfast Cookies from Gina's page. Here's mine:

1/2 cup oats, 1 tbs almond butter, 1 tbs nutella, 1 tbs coconut, 1/2 ts cinnamon, 1/4 Cup of Almond Milk.

Nutella is the enemy! But so amazing!

Courts was more like an Oatmeal Raisin cookie and mine was a bit chocolatey. SO you mix everything together and let it hang out in the fridge overnight. In the morning, it's one big breakfast cookie! Look how happy Courtney is!

My cookie:

Courtney's:



Thursday I ate the cookie for breakfast, a wrap for lunch and leftovers for dinner. Before dinner, I ran on the treadmill for 3.1 Miles really fast!


Date5 /21/2009
RouteTreadmill
Distance3.10 mi
Time23:42
Pace07:38/mile

Friday, I enjoyed another breakfast cookie and for lunch, Gretchen and I went to Sakurabuna and shared a spicy scallop roll, rainbow roll, alligator roll with shrimp tempura, eel, and avocado, and a salmon and avocado roll. It was amazing and we escaped from the office without any urgent phone calls! Wahoo!!



For dinner, Dave and I went to Legal Sea Food and we were REALLY DISSAPPOINTED. I could post the pictures, but its not even worth the effort. Our grilled calamari appetizer had plastic inside the squid. We couldn't eat it and the manager came over and explained it was cartilidge from the squid. I asked if that meant we could eat it, and he said no yet they didn't take it off our bill. We both ordered Salmon and Daves was grilled on what looked like a panini press it was so smooshed and it was totally overcooked. Mine was underseasoned and just eh okay.


This if my breakfast cookie for tomorrow. Oats, Almond Butter, Almond Milk, Dates, Raisins, Nutella... yummy.

Okay so I'm caught up to date now! Now off to the week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment