Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bachelorette, Bridal Shower and 30th Birthday Parties!!!

What a weekend!!! First I will start with Friday. I woke up at 5:45am and drove to the gym in Boston. When I got on the treadmill, I TRIED to run 10. But I was unsuccessful and only ended up doing 5.3 miles. And slow. Just wasn't my day I guess. This is 9:22 pace with walking a half mile...


Date5 /15/2009
RouteTreadmill
Distance5.30 mi
Time49:43
Pace09:22/mile

When I got into work, I rushed to do a project that was due by 12. For breakfast I had a Luna Bar.

Then around 12:30, I LEFT THE BUILDING TO EAT LUNCH OUT OF THE OFFICE!!! But the second I ordered, I was called back for an "emergency." So I packed up my ahu tuna salad and went back. The second I sat down at my desk, I got an email saying the "emergency" was no longer an emergency. It was ridiculous and I was pretty heated, but that's part of life! And my industry I guess.



Oh... I also had a cookie. In the afternoon, I worked on another client's emergency and then around 6, I finally started my brother's "through the years" montage video for the party I was throwing him on Saturday. I always do this to myself. Convince myself to do something that isn't really needed then beat myself up because I don't have time to do it. But... I actually finished the video in 3.5 hours... and then I got in my car and I headed over to my sister-in-laws Bachelorette Party at Ryles Club in Cambridge. My sister-in-law is from Argentina and all of her friends that for the most part she met at school where she met my brother, are from South America so they decided to go to a Latin Dance Club. It was fun and REALLY different but there were some AMAZING dancers. For a quick dinner, I had crab cakes with Rolling Rock beer.

I came late and left early because I HAD PLANNED TO RUN early Saturday morning. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. I just had so much to do and not enough time to do it. So my running plan had to be crossed off my list. I drank coffee and I had a mini-bagel then I went to the Grocery Store. I bought burgers, turkey burgers, turkey sausage, hot dogs, buns, stuff for a veggie-pasta salad, fruit salad and stuff for a trifle and stuff for the week. Then I got going on cooking and preparing for the party I was hosting for my brothers birthday! Around 1:30, I left for my friend Kerry's bridal shower. At the shower, I had a spinach salad a sandwich with cheese and turkey, pickles and mustard, a fruit salad and some pasta with brocolli, a glass of wine and a Diet Coke.



Then I picked up my brothers AMAZING birthday cake. It had a picture of him as a baby and a picture of him now.

Check out the birthday boy with his awesome hat I bought him.

Around 7, people started showing up. It was relatively mellow at first with beers and bbqing but around 9, we brought the party outside for some flip cup action. Such a blast, even my mom was getting into it!!! Here is our food spread- burgers, hot dogs and sausages, pasta salad, fruit salad, guacomole and chips!

Here is my plate:

And cake time:

Closeup of my brother eating himself. Sounds wrong right?

And shots time:

And then flip cup time:

And late night S'mores:


Needless to say, I woke up today with a huge hangover and we went to our favorite breakfast joint- Sunnyside Cafe. Its so great to have such a tasty breaky spot right down the street. I got the "light" Bagel Sandwich which included a bagel, cheddar cheese (I switched it from American), Turkey Sausage and Egg Beaters. I also ordered one apple pancake for all of us. Sorry, I was too hungover to remember to take my camera!

When I got back, we decided to go suit shopping for my brothers wedding (in two weeks!). Then Dave and I were going to go car shopping, but we got lazy and just came home. I rested for awhile, then ate lunch. Pasta salad from last night with a wrap full of cheddar cheese and spicy salsa.


Around 5, I got a text from my friend Nancy asking if I wanted to go running. I was so happy she called. Around 5:45 we took off from my house and ran... are you ready... we ran for an hour and 37 minutes!! It felt great and easy!! It was so nice! I love running with a running partner. Makes it go by so much faster! 11 Miles!!



Date5 /17/2009
RouteRun Around Ashland
Distance11.00 mi
Time1:37:03
Pace0:08:49/mile


For dinner, I had a turkey burger on a whole wheat bun with pepper jack cheese, spinach and mustard. I also had a side of fruit and Doritos (uh oh- I know I'm bad, but they are just so tasty!)

Now I'm in bed watching the Celts. Four Day week for me!! Friday, my brother is defending his thesis to get his PhD and after five years, I'm going to be there to support him!

No comments:

Post a Comment