Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day


Started off Memorial Day weekend with Apple, Oatmeal, Cinnamon Pancakes. Here's what I did.

Apple, Oatmeal, & Cinnamon Pancakes:

Ingredients:
2 Apples, cored and sliced
2 Cups of Fiber One Pancake Mix
1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
1 Cup of Oats
1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
1 and 1/3 Cups of Water

Mix together in large bowl and then start forming pancakes. Flip after three-five minutes on each side. Serve with more apple slices and Maple Syrup.

For lunch, Dave and I had some leftover pizza, then we headed to Southie to enjoy some rays at Castle Island with friends. During the day, I drank some sangria and snacked on pretzels and chips. While the girls suntanned, the guys played cornhole.

Before we left the beach, I didn't want to miss the beautiful kodak moment, so we got a picture of the girls in front of the water and we even formed a pyramid!! I think everyone on the beach was super jealous!

After we left Southie, we dropped my roommate from college (bottom left) Debbie off at the airport and then headed home to cook up some dinner. I pulled this Chicken out of the freezer and defrosted it and also made some corn on the cob. I also grilled up Eggplant, Summer Squash and Zuchini on the grill. For dinner, I had a piece of Chicken, Corn and some grilled eggplant and zuchini. Here's my plate:


I'm not sure how the chicken was seasoned but it was spicy and sweet! I think I will look back in my blog later and see how I made this! The corn was perfection and the grilled veggies were delic! After dinner, I made the lunches for the week. I made myself whole wheat lavish wraps with hummus, grilled eggplant, zuchini, squash, roasted red peppers, regular goat cheese and raw goat cheese and spinach! I can't wait to eat these this week! Yum!


And for dessert, I had a glass of Almond Milk and Adora Disk! This is my new daily dessert!

Back to the daily grind tomorrow. Tons of work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment