Thursday, May 7, 2009

It's Friday!

Hello Everyone! Happy Friday! Now that I have my camera back, I have to back track to Wednesday night. I was really looking forward to making this recipe I saw in Martha Stewart Everyday Living. Here is her version of the recipe:

Curry Coconut Chicken with Peas

Ingredients

Serves 4
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 4 bone-in, skinless chicken breast halves (10 to 12 ounces each), halved crosswise
  • Coarse salt and ground pepper
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 3 tablespoons curry powder (preferably Jamaican)
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 4 carrots, thinly sliced
  • 1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut milk
  • 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
  • Cooked white rice, for serving

Directions

  1. In a large Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Working in two batches, brown chicken, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
  2. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion, garlic, cumin, curry, thyme, and 1/2 cup water and season with salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion has softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
  3. Add carrots, coconut milk, 1/2 cup water, and chicken with any accumulated juices. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover partially, and cook until chicken is cooked through and carrots are tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in peas. Serve curry over rice.
I didn't have Coconut Milk so I substituted that for a little cream/milk combo. It tasted okay. I felt like it was missing flavoring. Dave liked it though! I added fresh peas and spinach (of course!) and mushrooms. Here's my plate!

So steamy!
I also ate a Cadbury Egg! I have been hiding this since Easter so Dave wouldn't eat it! It was very tasty.
Now on to Thursday, I started the morning by getting to the train station at 6:15AM. Unfortunately for me, the train didn't show up until 7:30 and I didn't get into Boston until 8:40 leaving me no time to workoout and only time to shower and get into work. I was starving after my two hour commute, so I stopped at Sebastians and got an English Muffin, Egg, Cheese and Turkey Sausage sandwich. It was amazing, but definitely not what I should be eating!
For lunch, I went to this place called Pressed near my office. It was AWESOME! I got the
SMOKED TURKEY BREAST AND BRIE- smoked turkey breast, brie, tomato, baby spinach, on a baguette. And then they grill it to perfection!!! YUM!

For dinner, I made a leftover sandwich. I used the Arnold Muffin and put the leftover filling from the stuffed peppers, cheese and avocado and tomatoes. I also had a side salad. It was very tasty!




I certainly had enough bread for one day! I woke up early this morning to go to the gym and had a total "off day." I could only finish 3.5 miles and then I lifted. Tomorrow, I am running with my brother around the trails in Western Mass. Hopefully I will be able to do 10+. On my horizon today I am waiting for feedback from one of my clients and then I am hopefully going OUT to lunch to enjoy this day and then tonight I am going OUT to dinner to watch the game, then head over to Saint for my friends 30th birthday. Have a good Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment