Monday, May 18, 2009

Paper Fish and Veggie-Mania

 What a Monday! My train was 10 minutes late and then didn't run express (booo) so I got into work later than I normally get in... Check out my lunch goodies I brought for the week. Multigrain Chips, Hummus, Strawberries, Blackberries, 4 Whole Wheat wraps with Spinach, Hummus, Cheese, Avocado and Red Peppers, along with Luna Bars, Yogurt and Granola.


For breakfast, I combined the granola (which I thought was oats) with water and microwaved for :45 seconds. I ate this along with some strawberries.


Around 12, I started snacking on those AMAZING and DANGEROUS Multigrain chips with hummus. These were incredibly good but so ADDICTING.

Then for lunch, I had a wrap and more fruit.

For dinner, I made Parachment Paper filled Mahi Mahi with tons of vegetables. Here's what I did:

Paper Bag Mahi Mahi & Vegetables:

Ingredients:

Two pieces of Mahi Mahi
Two Large handfulls of spinach
2 pieces of baby bok choy
Half a cup of carrots, julliened
One red pepper, julliened

For the marinade:
2/3 Cup of Tamari
4 large dollops of Honey
2 splashes of Rice Wine vinegar

Instructions:
Take Parachment Paper and put half the spinach down as the bed with the bok choy, peppers and carrots. Add the fish on top then top with half the marinade and fold sides to close. Repeat this with other piece of fish. Bake at 350• for twenty minutes then open up the paper and serve in a bowl!

This was incredibly tasty!

Here is the ingredients for the marinade:



And what the fish looked like before it was cooked:
And after with wilted and deliciously cooked vegetables:


I also made an Eggplant and Squash creation for tomorrows dinner. I already had the oven hot, so I figured I'd cook it tonight. Plus, I'm not sure my eggplant would have lasted one more day.

Eggplant, Summer Squash and Tomato Casserole

Ingredients:

1 Italian Eggplant
1 Summer Squash
1/2 Red Onion Sliced
1/2 Container of Grape Tomatoes
3 Tablespoons of Pesto
2 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 Cup of Fat Free Feta Cheese
1/4 Cup of Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 Cup of Prepared Tomato Sauce like Classico
1 Tablespoon of Oregano

Instructions:

Spray a small Corningware baking dish with cooking spray. Cut vegetables in slices. Leave tomatoes whole. Layer the bottom of the dish with Eggplant, Squash, red onion and tomatoes. Layer 1/2 of the Pesto then add 1/2 of the tomato sauce, then top with 1/2 of the feta and 1/2 the mozzarella. Repeat these steps. On the top layer, add oregano to the cheese and sprinkle the balsamic vinegar around the whole dish. Bake in oven at 350 for 25 minutes.

Dave and I shared a bite because it looked so good... we had to try it!

Can't wait to eat more of it tomorrow with possibly some quesidillas! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment