Saturday, May 23, 2009

Thurs, Fri, Sat in a nutshell...

Thursday, I started out with oats and granola mixed with strawberry yogurt and blackberries.
For a mid morning snack, I had a fruit roll-up and some almonds.

For lunch, Gretchen and I decided to walk to Whole Foods and the new Fro Yo place, BoYo. At whole foods, we attacked the salad bar. I'm going to try to remember everything I put in my paper container... tofu, grilled veggies including zucchini, eggplant, summer squash, fresh veggies like red, and yellow peppers, tomatoes, grilled chicken, romaine lettuce and balsamic vinegar and EVOO. But before I ate the salad, I first ate my berry frozen yogurt that tasted so fresh and healthy without any of the yucky artificial flavors. We enjoyed our fro yo on the walk back the office. Around 2, I ate half my salad and around 4, I finished it.


After work, Dave and I went back to La Cantina for their Thursday Lobster special. You can get twin lobsters, 1lb lobsters, lobster rolls, stuffed lobsters, lobster ravioli all for under $18!! I got the 1lb lobster with fresh corn on the cob and creamed cauliflower. What a meal. This place is so good!!! Of course, we had to wait for 45 minutes before sitting, but it was well worth it! La Cantina is REALLY popular in our land.



I took Friday off from work to go to UMass and watch my brother defend his dissertation to earn his PhD. But before we left, I ran with my friend Nancy from my house. We did just over 5 miles and it was REALLY hilly! I also tested out my new Garmin watch which was really cool but kinda heavy on my wrist. Here's the stats:



Date5 /22/2009
RouteAshland Neighborhood Loop
Distance5.30 mi
Time49:19
Pace09:18/mile


When I got home, I made myself an omlet with cheese and spinach and toast on the side.


For lunch, Dave cooked on the grill. I had a turkey burger with a half bun with lettuce and mustard. I also had some chicken sausage. It was a tasty sandwich before leaving for Worcester.

My brother's dissertation was really interesting and after an hour, it was determined that he had earned his PhD! So exciting! My older brother is very smart!

And wacky. Smart and wacky... hehe...

After he was released from the room with his board members who decided his fate, we celebrated with this spread:

The cake is pretty funny. When my brothers wife got her PhD, Mike crossed off Martinez on all the posters that were hanging up around school and put Krashes, so she did the same.

And here is my plate:

Around 6, we left school and headed to Vinny T's. They have a nice deck and we enjoyed some cocktails out there until we went inside to eat dinner.

Mikey and I spilt this salad:

Tomatoes, Spinach, Goat Cheese with Balsamic Vinegar. So delic! Then we shared this pasta. I forgot to take a picture until it was almost gone but it was ziti with pancetta, chicken, and peas in this light cream marsala sauce. I also had some of my moms mussels on the side!

On Saturday, I slept in! Well, until 8. Then I had half of this Lara Bar.

Around 9, I took off to go running. I ran just under 3 miles according to my Garmin but when I had looked this route up on mapmyrun it says its 3.

Averaged 8:42 pace. Didn't feel great, but it wasn't terrible. The routes around my house are just so damn hilly! I showered and rested a bit and got ready for my hair appointment. Before I left I had this wrap which had cheese, turkey and green onions.

I got highlights and my hair looked great!


See, they are very subtle. Humor me a bit here, I took these pictures myself!

After my hair appointment or after leaving the beauty salon as my Nana likes to call it, I went to Wellesley Center to shop. I bought a couple things at the Gap then headed to Whole Foods where I got these yummy cheeses. Including one raw one! I may have sampled them when I got home:


After Whole Foods, I stopped at my local grocery store to pick up the other staples. Check out my Whole Foods spread:

Highlights include Almond Breeze, Kale, Avocado Oil and Adora Disks! And here is my spread from the regular Grocery Store:


And since I'm running a half-marathon tomorrow, I decided to make pasta for dinner. And while I cooked, I snacked on some pre-made Guacomole I got at Whole Foods and some tasty jalepeno chips.

And then on to my main dish. Fusilli pasta, zucchini, spinach, fire roasted tomatoes, tomato sauce and raw goat cheese!



Then I tried on my race outfit. Check out my arm sleeves!! I am ready for the race! Now off to bed! Good night!


Oh, I almost forgot, I also had an adora disk and a glass of Almond Milk. It was so delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment